Current Taxi rates to Taino Beach

govgurl

Has anyone gone to Taino Beach recently by taxi? I'll be travelling to Freeport in the fall with a couple of friends, and I think we'd like to spend our short stop there at the Junkanoo Beach Club on Taino (ship is in port from 7-2, so probably looking at 8-12:30 on the beach). For three people, any idea how much it will cost to take a cab there and back? Also, is there any snorkeling of interest from the shore (I know it won't be 100% awesome snorkeling, but can you see any fish?)? Any other Taino beach tips?

If you've done this recently, I assume the best thing to do is to arrange a return trip with the same cab that drops you off, correct?

That poster is what ours looked like less than 2 weeks ago. They gave us the option of paying $15 up front ($1 more) to get a taxi to Lucaya for shopping and then back to the ship after that. We weren't sure if we wanted to do it but paid for it just in case. We didn't end up using it but it wasn't much to lose, so worth it. The taxi took some to Lucaya and picked up more to take us back to the ship.

By the way, we had to wait like 15 minutes to get other people who wanted to go there before they filled a taxi. Meanwhile tons of taxis were leaving for Lucaya. We were thinking we'd been forgotten but they were just trying to get others first.

Be careful of those rates.

Please note that it says "group rates".

And when coming back to the ship give yourself plenty of time.

There is some funny business with those rates and the waiting and waiting for others to fill the van.

The taxi business there is not like anywhere else I have ever been.

Just be careful.

And don't let them help you miss the boat.

Archived