Ultimate Balcony Dining

hill6

My husband and I are looking at going on the Crown Princess next summer and I see something on the brochure about Ultimate Balcony Dining. I really can't find anything on the Princess Website. What is this supposed to be? Is a more refined menu? Help.

"Balcony Dinner/Breakfast --When Princess first introduced the concept of affordable balconies it was an instant success. What next? The ultimate in personal choice dining, of course. In an industry first, Caribbean Princess passengers can enjoy The Ultimate Balcony Dinner -- an all-inclusive evening featuring cocktails, fresh flowers, champagne and a deluxe four-course meal including delicate sweet Caribbean lobster tail -- all served by a member of the Princess dining staff on passengers' private balcony. And for those who prefer to begin the day with romance, why not order up the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, featuring Cuban specialty pastries, tropical fruit salad in a pineapple boat, chilled marinated shrimp with papaya relish, warm egg and tomato pie with cheese gratin and a split of French champagne. "

The dinner is $100 per couple; breakfast $25 per couple

I've only had the breakfast, which is well worth the money, as is, by all accounts, the dinner. The menu is set (and might vary from what you just read, depending on ship and itinerary) and you normally only select the date and time it will be served. You can pre-order the breakfast as a gift. It's #9143.

hill6...Just an fyi...You may want to book the Crown soon as the ship is getting filled up fast. We're on the September 3 cruise, but the summer seems to be even more popular. There are already many roll calls for the Crown on this site. I booked in May, since I wanted a particular cabin. Good luck and enjoy! ;)

Thank you so much for this information. As you can see I have been on a few Carnival cruises but this Princess one has a terrific itinerary and is within driving distance (an hour from home).

We just got off the Star and did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It was well worth the $100. The flowers were beautiful, good champagne, the best meal we had on the ship; also get a picture. It is set up very nicely. Be sure to call room service as soon as you get onboard and they will send someone to show you the menu and set it up. We had it the first formal night and it was great to be in casual clothes on our own balcony.

We had planned to order the breakfast also, but it is now $25 per person, not per couple. I thought that was too expensive for a breakfast.

Thanks for all the info. We are looking at either July 2nd or 20th. Not quite sure yet. The 2nd would cover hubby's birthday and the 20th would cover the daughter's 18th birthday. I am leaning towards the 20th. Have her invite a friend too. She just told me her best friend will be away for her birthday and she is upset about that.

We had the Balcony Breakfast while transitting the Panama Canal 2 months ago aboard the Coral Princess--At that time it was $25 per couple

As mentioned before--lots of food

I would think if they were going to raise the rate--most likely it wouldn't be doubled

Nancy:) :)

Tried to leave this message a few minutes ago and got cut off--will try again

we had the Balcony Breakfast just 2 months ago aboard the Coral for $25 per couple

Check on the price--it seems to be quite an increase

As said before--lots of food

Have fun

Nancy:) :)

I just double-checked the information left in our cabin on the balcony breakfast. It listed the menu and states $25 per person, then asks for number of persons.

This was on the Star and we just got off yesterday, so it is what they are charging now, at least on the Star.

Sorry people, but that is what it says! We got the same slip left in our cabin two or three times, and each time it was identical.

My husband and I are looking at going on the Crown Princess next summer and I see something on the brochure about Ultimate Balcony Dining. I really can't find anything on the Princess Website. What is this supposed to be? Is a more refined menu? Help.

here is a copy of the menu for UBD.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/UBD.pdf

Bill

Thanks SS for the menu. Yumm. I spoke to hubby this morning. He said to book July 20th. I am thrilled with that since my daughter will get a chance to see her best friend. I will show him the menu and see if we can have that special dinner for two.

We were on our Alaska cruise last June and did the ultimate balcony dining. What an experience!!! We will now indulge on every cruise and spend the xtra $100.00 for this experience.It is fun, outstanding, service impeccable and the food was better then what they normally serve in the dining rooms. Hope this helps you to decide,,,,Susan

Put a tentative hold on the July 20th sailing while our daughter is finding out if her one friend can go with us. Booked a minisuite on the Dolphin Deck. The first room the agent offered was right above a club. Don't want that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm assuming that the gratuity is not included in the ultimate balcony meals? Has anyone tried either meal on the Grand? Thanks.:)
Correct, gratuity is not included. We did UBD on the 12/31 sailing. Very excellent, a big hit with DW, if you know what I mean. :D I know some ask why pay more for food on a cruise when food is included, even with the specialty restaurants. I think it's a matter of taste, attitude, not for everyone (budget, too). For us, It was everything I thought it would be - wonderful. Enjoy your cruise!

The steward who brought our UBB was very friendly and set up everythign asking how we wanted our stacks of "delighful trays". The champagne was set up and we tipped him and basically shooed him away. It was wondeful....maybe that is why we have 2 UBB's already apid for and resvered for our next cruise! Very romantic ;)

I'm assuming that the gratuity is not included in the ultimate balcony meals? Has anyone tried either meal on the Grand? Thanks.:)

We're just off the Grand yesterday and we did the UBB while (anchored) in Belize. The only thing we can say was 'awesome'. Great food and plenty for the price, $25/per couple (not per person). We had a slight mishap with the time, but called room service when we expected them, and they were there 15 minutes late and everything turned out just great! It was our best breakfast by far and our best time on our balcony. This would have been hard while sailing at sea, with the wind, but great for 'in port'.

Archived