hotels in honolulu

sadiecat

My wife and I are fans of the Moana Surfrider....good center of Waikiki location and on the beach. Become a Starwood Club member (free) and save 35% 0ff rack rate.

Also next door to Dukes...great chow and views.

Chuck

I agree with Cruz'n Couple. Look for a hotel in Waikiki. Check out TripAdvisor.com for reviews and get an idea of rates. We'll be staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach for 3 nights and 1 night at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Both are oceanfront but the Outrigger Waikiki is more in the middle of Waikiki so more convenient to everything.

This is site is great on figuring out exactly where the hotels are and great aerial views of each one:

http://www.wizardpub.com

Good luck!

We stayed at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach, and we would go back! Like other posters said, it depends on how much you want to spend? The shopping in the area is great and their are two restaurants in the hotel and one snack bar by the pool (burgers, etc.) There's a Denny's across the street also (if you're looking for a quick breakfast that's not buffet (as the hotel breakfast is buffet). Everything is walking distance, and it was great to be right on the beach! The Bus is also so easy to take to anything else you want to do etc.

My DH and I are cruising May 2011 and I am looking for a hotel close to restaurants and shopping. Anyone have some advice. Thanks.

Search Orbitz or Expedia hotels to see what appeals to you. Then visit TripAdvisor.com. to see what other people think.

We have stayed at the Outrigger on the beach and the Hyatt. The Outrigger is in a great location, being in the center of shopping,resturants and the beach. The Outrigger hotel is the home of Duke's Resturant. Even if you don't stay at the Outrigger make a point to visit Duke's. We will staying at the Outrigger on the Reef in May 2010 and can't wait.

We enjoyed 2 sunset dinners at Dukes, but saved a lot by staying down the street at the Aston Waikiki Circle. It all depends on your budget. We loved Dukes and we loved our hotel. We also enjoyed the Surfrider's and Royal Hawaiian's oceanfront bars for mai tais. As has been suggested you can check locations on wizardpub.com. My bias is save on the room and enjoy the food and drink upgrades. Just my opinion.

Archived