Haven't heard of the White Hot Party lately

cruisinreunion

I haven't heard of anyone mentioning the White Hot Party lately. We are going in three weeks on the Dawn and wondering if I should be throwing in some white shirts for the family. Do they usually have it at the beginning or end of the cruise (I am thinking about how will I keep three kid's shirts white if it is at the end of thw week;)) It sounds like fun so I hope it is still going on.

Thanks for the info

I haven't heard of anyone mentioning the White Hot Party lately. We are going in three weeks on the Dawn and wondering if I should be throwing in some white shirts for the family. Do they usually have it at the beginning or end of the cruise (I am thinking about how will I keep three kid's shirts white if it is at the end of thw week;)) It sounds like fun so I hope it is still going on.

Thanks for the info

We had it seven weeks ago but I am sure you are asking about in the past couple of weeks

Hi,

I am one of those people who gets dirty without trying. I usually avoid white like the plague. So my question is....is it okay to wear other colors? Is everyone generally in white? I do not won't to stick out. I was thinking i would wear all black ?

April

I know it's not the same ship, but we had a White Hot Party on the Sky a couple of weeks ago! Lots of fun! Most people are in white, but they wouldn't throw you out for not having white on haha There were definately people who didn't have white on and didn't really stand out, everyone was just there to have fun!

Kids are included, right?

Yes and No. Anyone under 18 can be there for a couple of hours then they must leave. They do hold it in a bar after all. No whether or not this is enforced I am sure each sailing is unique. Our last one it was enforced.

This was our first cruise so I can't speak to whether or not it's new. It started at 10:30-11:00pm if I rememeber correctly and took place on the deck, near the pool where they had a dj playing music and everyone was dancing. They also had their own dancers on platforms. I remember a few kids being around, but it's geared more toward adults I think? I heard about it before we cruised as being something NCL does. Their dancers were dressed in white with big angel wings and most people wore all white. I don't have very good pictures of it otherwise I'd post them. It was fun!

I had read in old teen club schedules that they bring the teens to it...does it get out of hand? How about for a 10 and 12 year old? I am not talking about keeping them there all hours, but for a short while to enjoy some of it. If it is in a club, I think I'd keep them away, but out on the deck sounds fun. Do they usually do it at the beginning of the week, or towards the end?

Ours was toward the end, but we were just on a short cruise so I'm not sure when they typically do it. Ours didn't seem to get out of hand, your kids might be ok to see it for a while. It may depend more on when you're going and who you're on board with. We went during Spring Break so there were a lot of younger people on board, but there were people of all ages at this party. We didn't stay for a really long time so it may have been different as it progressed but I remember some kids around that age kind of just watching. If it rained they were going to move it inside to the nightclub, but it didn't rain so they still held it outside.

We were on the Jewel last week and the White Hot Party was on Monday of our 7 day cruise. It was in Spinnaker Lounge, lots of fun!!

It started at 10:30 and we stayed until about 11:30 with our 9 yr old daughter, I think kids were allowed until midnight. My teen son went with the teens crew and then they all left at midnight.

On the 3/6 Star sailing, the White Hot Party was held early on. It was definitely the first White Hot Party held in the new Spinaker Lounge. I forget what time it began, but at 11:30pm they announced that anyone under 18 must leave. Nothing really changed, except probably less kids on the dance floor. It was a fun event, but really nothing more than a way to get lots of folks into the disco mood and up and dancing. Don't worry about wearing white....anything goes. Have fun!

We really had a blast at the White Hot Party on the Sun in November. It really got wild. It is the one night that everybody actually goes out to the disco and lets their hair down. Lots of alcohol flowing, and there were several couples really grinding on the dance floor. It was held in the nightclub and is not for kids. One family did bring theirs and I remember finding it odd and out of place for anyone not old enough to drink to be in that environment.

Thanks for the info

On the Gem 4 weeks ago the party was held 2 nights before the end of the cruise. Not everyone is in white, I wasn't ALL white, but I must say about 80% were. On our next cruise I will bring ALL white clothing for this. It was a great party except for poor and almost agressive service from bar staff in the spinnaker :mad:

But the picture of my wife and I with the "devil :eek: and angel" from cruise staff is a keeper :p

We really had a blast at the White Hot Party on the Sun in November. It really got wild. It is the one night that everybody actually goes out to the disco and lets their hair down. Lots of alcohol flowing, and there were several couples really grinding on the dance floor. It was held in the nightclub and is not for kids. One family did bring theirs and I remember finding it odd and out of place for anyone not old enough to drink to be in that environment.

Hi,

Not to defend the idea but I think it is ok for an our or so for the kids. Wife and I left the kids at home for the cruise but we saw alot of families on the ship and if you are "stuck" with the kids and do not want to miss everything it is a good thing , once again I think, to let the kids in for an hour or so.

Some white hot parties are held outside and some are held inside, depending on the ship/weather/cruise staff. When they first started doing WHP it was adults only. During the past few cruises I have seen the invitation for under 18 given a specific time limit. I do not think it is a big drunk fest. I think it is a big dance party with glo sticks and white lights, and white foam (on some ships), and white smoke, and lots of dancing dancing dancing. Depending on the ship/cruise staff they can have ice sculptures, drinks in glasses that glow, and the show dancers give a dance or two.

I went on youtube and found probably the best example of a typical WHP. From the video, you can see people of all ages.

coka

Thanks Coka, I wonder If leaving NYC and going to Bermuda will proove to be too cold and it will be held indoors. We are leaving in three weeks, so still a little nippy at night, but I sure do hope it's outside and not in a bar, more fun for my kids,(10,12 and 15) I think I'll pick up some glo sticks to bring with just in case, or are these provided?

I am counting on it being cold! For the Dawn, I am guessing the party will be held at 10:30 in Spinnaker's Lounge...not sure which night. They usually (again this can vary) give out glo-sticks to the first to arrive or to the first out on the dance floor until they run out (give out 100 or so). The freestyle daily should give an indication if it is adults only or if the under 18 can go for a certain time.

coka

We were on the Jewel last week and the White Hot Party was on Monday of our 7 day cruise. It was in Spinnaker Lounge, lots of fun!!

It started at 10:30 and we stayed until about 11:30 with our 9 yr old daughter, I think kids were allowed until midnight. My teen son went with the teens crew and then they all left at midnight.

The disco onboard the Jewel does get closed off to teens at midnight and is an adults only disco. I'm glad your son got to attend. It was a fun night. Did you end up seeing my attire and added glitter? LOL. I haven't done myself up like that for a White Hot Party before and it was a TON of fun. People were talking for days. It was a truly memorable experience and I was so happy DJ Jean was there to spin it because after 12:30 - 1AMish the party REALLY got going! :D

On the Norwegian Spirit last year going to Bermuda we had the White Hot Party on the last night we were docked in Bermuda (with a 6AM departure time from the dockyard). It was held in Galaxy of the Stars which on newer NCL ships is called Spinnaker's Lounge. I went in May 2009 to Bermuda and that's what happened then. The only ship I've been on where the White Hot Party was under the stars was the Norwegian Sky in January of this year. :) Most times it's in a lounge.

~J

Archived