Bari - Self Guided Walking Tour

thevalley

Getting close to our first cruise on Saturday. I've had a great time researching ports of call, MSC Divina, and cruising in general. (This forum and it's members are amazing.)

I've been trying to cover various options for visiting ports, but I'm struggling to find info on self guided walking tours in Bari. Old town Bari seems to be pleasant place to stroll around and enjoy at leisure.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Getting close to our first cruise on Saturday. I've had a great time researching ports of call, MSC Divina, and cruising in general. (This forum and it's members are amazing.)

I've been trying to cover various options for visiting ports, but I'm struggling to find info on self guided walking tours in Bari. Old town Bari seems to be pleasant place to stroll around and enjoy at leisure.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Here is a link to my skydrive with downloadable and printable maps and info. in all the maps the dock gates are in the top left hand corner. the last two maps fit together.

The main things to see in old clty are the basilica; (dedicated to St. Nicholas aka Father Christmas) which is home to the RC faith upstairs and the orthodox faith in the crypt; The Catherdral ;the punishment post and the fort (this has an ebtrance fee but there is very little top see once inside)

the port gates are directly opposite an entrance to the old city. if you turn left out the port there is a pleasant esplanade to walk along the sea front.

Link

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1cdc327c72a4c6d9#cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%21407

The cathedral

P1010795.jpg

The Basilica

P1010765.jpg

The punishment post

P1010788.jpg

The old fort

P1000016.jpg

Pete

Once you are off the ship, take the MSC free shuttle, it will take you to the gate, then you just walk and follow and ask the people where is the church, people are very friendly and they know what you are lookng for, just follow through and you will have a good time. Bari is a very small town. No need to do a lot of homework for this town. Enjoy your cruise.

Here is a google eartyh image of the docks. it is a relatily short walk, even from the farthest berth, to the dock gate if the queue for shuttle buses is long or if they start charging as the do at other ports

bari.jpg

Pete

Archived