Restaurant reservation aboard Silver Whisper

Silversea Cruises

Read Silversea Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:21 PM.
Montreux, Switzerland
130 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Hello,
I will be onboard Silver Whisper next December and it will be my first silversea cruise. Could you recommend what I should do in terms of restaurant reservations. Is it necessary to do it before the cruise or still possible while on board? We are 2 and we prefer deciding at the very last moment where we want to dine. Is it worthwhile doing restaurant reservation in advance? Thanks. Christophe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QV - Baltic & St Petersburg cruise - Aug 10, 2014

QM2 - Caribbean cruise - Dec 19, 2010

QM2 - Caribbean cruise - Dec 20, 2009

275 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We booked a few nights in la Terrezza and a couple in the Grille using my.silversea when they became available. They can easily be cancelled on board if you like, and your butler can usually get you additional reservations once on board if you ask. Last minute choices on the Whisper are fairly easy, with the exception of le champagne, which wasn’t worth the surcharge in my opinion. No reservations in the Restaurant (MDR) but the only time I’ve seen it full is when everyone comes in at the same time after the Captain’s welcome or similar.

London, but not in the EU (soon)
2,399 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Agree with MLeh, except if you have some OBC it might be worth trying Le Champagne ($60 per head) and probably worth booking in advance.

Montreux, Switzerland
130 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks for your answer. Cheers.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

275 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We have made it a tradition make a reservation to dine in La Terrezza on our first night on board, and then again a few days later as the menu changes. If you like the menu, book more reservations quickly!

Agree with Silver Spectre: if you have OBC, try Le Champagne at least once. If you have a special occasion, they will sometimes comp your reservation. At least they did for our 35th anniversary when we celebrated it on board. This I would recommend booking in advance.

We love the atmosphere on board. It’s not like the big ships, but has its own special vibe. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Montreux, Switzerland
130 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thank you. Does it mean that for dining anywhere except le champagne you think it is not mandatory to book in advance? For example if we show up at la terrazza for dinner for a table for 2 we may have to wait for quite a long time or even be told that it is not possible at all? Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

275 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Yes, it is quite possible La Terrezza will be fully booked if you just show up, especially later in the evening.