Favorite artisan or local craft stores in St. Thomas?

tregatti

To help out a bit with post-hurricane recovery we're planning on doing the majority of our holiday shopping at various stops on our upcoming cruise. I'd prefer to purchase items made by local craftpersons if possible. Does anyone have any favorite stores or markets in the Havensight area or Charlotte Amalie that they would recommend? Many thanks.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Palm Passage in Charlotte Amalie has several stores that carry unique locally produced art and crafts. Gallery St Thomas, Fish Face, and Just Imagine are gorgeous stores with gifts in all price ranges. They make shopping fun again! Another store with African inspired locally made jewelry is Shaka Zulu on Raadets Gade in Charlotte Amalie.

I don't think any stores in Havensight have local goods. If they do, the selection is very limited.

Palm Passage in Charlotte Amalie has several stores that carry unique locally produced art and crafts. Gallery St Thomas, Fish Face, and Just Imagine are gorgeous stores with gifts in all price ranges. They make shopping fun again! Another store with African inspired locally made jewelry is Shaka Zulu on Raadets Gade in Charlotte Amalie.

I don't think any stores in Havensight have local goods. If they do, the selection is very limited.

Thank you so much for this advice I'll be looking for this place when I arrive in a few weeks.

Sounds perfect! Thank you so much.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

You're welcome. The stores are really struggling because most locals are buying necessities. Gallery St Thomas owner generously gave away free solar lights shortly after the storms. I heard she gave away over 400!

I'll try to pay it forward and buy something there.

Merry Christmas!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to confirm that Palm Passage was a great place to shop! I found a number of lovely gifts at Fish Face and Gallery St. Thomas and very much enjoyed talking with the shop owners about their goods and how they were dealing with things after the hurricanes. Another bonus is that there is an open air bar in the middle of Palm Passage, so I was able to shop to my heart's content while DH had a beer. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

We are thinking about doing a Carnival tour to Sapphire Beach, the site says that if you book the morning excursion, they will drop you off "downtown" to do some shopping. Does anyone know whether it is truly "downtown", which I assume is Charlotte Amalie or is it Havensight? And if it is Charlotte Amalie can you walk back to the ship easily?