"torn between 2" ....thanks for all inputs

With 3 cruises already booked I would spend those 8 days exploring by land to give you some variety. There are plenty of great areas to explore near sydney especially if you're happy to hire a car. I'd spend 2 days each in sydney, blue mountains, hunter valley, port Stephens and possibly also canberra. Or if you have the funds spend some time in Sydney and then fly to Lord howe island for 4 nights.

With 3 cruises already booked I would spend those 8 days exploring by land to give you some variety. There are plenty of great areas to explore near sydney especially if you're happy to hire a car. I'd spend 2 days each in sydney, blue mountains, hunter valley, port Stephens and possibly also canberra. Or if you have the funds spend some time in Sydney and then fly to Lord howe island for 4 nights.

Good suggestions. Covering that kind of distance for us in a week is nothing but might seem a bit much for someone from Belgium. I agree with the idea though and I would say do this but maybe just Sydney/blue mountains/Canberra. If you didn't want to drive you might manage this by train although car would be much easier and the roads you need to travel are good.

I also second the Jinek Bay recommendation, the snorkelling there is amazing. I have also snorkelled on the ship side of Lifou (I mean next to where the tenders drop you) and got very close to turtles which was really lovely.

Hi you all,

thank you for your advise

resume of what we decided to do

fly to Sydney with a stop of 3 days in Singapore ( direct flight)

( book a one way flight with scoot to Sydney )

have a night near the port

cruise the Islands with the Explorer ( we wanted to change it into a carnival cruise but the price is so good as we booked it so long ago that we are going to keep it )

arrive March 1 so we have 7 days to explore Sydney and surroundings

( blue mountains, Canberra ... °) hotel for a week or hire an apartment, no clue at this moment

leave on March 8 cruise Ovation to NZ

arrive March 21 so we have 8 days

we probably fly to Tasmanië and explore the island

arrive March 29 and sail the Explorer ( again ) to Singapore

have a flight back home directly

we have booked already those 2 first cruises so we are adding the one to Singapore and we have a lot of exploring to do

I also need to ask permission to leave my work for 2 months ( 60 days exactly )

thumbs up