I don't believe this for a minute!

Back in November, Cruise Crutic had Tauck Tours pres. Jennifer Tombaugh on here to tout Tauck. I'm late to this discussion, but I had to respond.

My unfortunately increasing problem is (lack of) mobility, and the difficulty of several riverboats docked next to each other makes it very hard for travelers such as myself to get to our assigned boat.

One of the things she said was: "in fact, many guests enjoy the chance to pass through other ships...."

Is there ANYone who enjoys passing through another ship to get to their own - even anyone not mobility impaired?

I didn't think so.

Further, when stacked like that, the stench from all the bilges is overpowering, and it necessitates staying indoors at all docked times.

You can put perfume on it, but it still stinks, and I think it is brushed aside by operators at their (and our!) eventual goodbye.

One of the things she said was: "in fact, many guests enjoy the chance to pass through other ships...."

Is there ANYone who enjoys passing through another ship to get to their own - even anyone not mobility impaired?

I didn't think so.

Hi,

My wife and I did consider trying river cruising, I am disabled with mobility issues and I use a scooter.

We decided against it due to the lack of disabled facilities on board, crossing several docked ships without my scooter and the dock steps which can be quite slippery at times.

I would love to see inside the other ships that you would have to cross. Just noseyness I guess.

Pete

• 10 months later...
Further, when stacked like that, the stench from all the bilges is overpowering, and it necessitates staying indoors at all docked times.

I can certainly understand your frustration with the problems posed to less-mobile passengers. As to your other concern, about stench from bilges, we certainly did not experience any such thing in Budapest, where our Viking longship was tied up alongside two others.