Special Care Attendants

Jack'smom

We are looking to bring our son's personal care attendant with us on our next cruise as we found that the children's club programs are not in reality inclusive of children with disabilities. Does anyone know if any cruises offer discounts for personal care attendants or are willing to waive the double occupancy fee for their room. I am finding a lot of support for service animals but not a lot of support for families that need personal support. Any experiences?

• 3 months later...
I think NCL has single cabins. They are in their own area, and NCL does social things for the singles area. I don't think any cruise line would do a significant discount anyways with a double room. Good Luck in your findings!

My understanding is that the Single Cabins are very few and are gone in flash ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a daughter with cerebral palsy and I have called several cruise lines looking for an adapted cabin: RCCL, NCL, MSC and Costa, they all regulars companys in Barcelona. Only Costa offered us a discount...

• 2 years later...

My daughter and I traveled once with her aide. Since we were all females we just shared the same cabin. I never did it again cause she wasn't much help. Only Amtrack and Canada Via rail offer companion discounts (that I know of). I don't blame business's for not offering the discount.....look at how the accessible rooms are abused, the HC parking placards are abused. It would just be abused by the scammers out there.