Cruise Food Sucks.

leeshajoy

didn't realize most people knew what prison food tasted like....the airline food analogy I can see.....

ah well, next time pay the big bucks and go to a cruise line that touts its world class cuisine

Am I to understand you did not enjoy one bit of food on your cruise?

BTW..thanks for posting this on different forums....love to see the same post in different places

Yea well, Wow, sorry I'm not a professional bulletin board poster. Hey listen, if you can't answer my question then why waste our time here?

Yea, we enjoyed the boxed cereal for breakfast, Turkey sandwich for lunch (You can't mess up turkey and bread RIGHT?!) and dinner was like cafeteria food......NO I'm not looking to spend big bucks but exatcly which cruiseline "Touts" their cusine?

We were onboard the Carnival Destiny June 20-28, 2204, and the food was Excellent!!!!! They had every breakfast food known to man from eggs (anyway you liked) to waffles, pancakes, croissants, fruit, meat, etc. Lunch was the same and dinner in the dining room was fabulous. Maybe you should check out the Carnival line next time. If you can't find anything you like on Carnival ships, you are truly unsatisfiable.

Carnival Destiny June 2004

Try Holland America (HAL) next time. We just returned from an Alaskian cruise on the Oosterdam and the food was absolutely FABULOUS.

Now we want to go to Hawaii and am having a hard time deciding which cruise line to pick. HAL is out on this one but I've got to choose between Princess and Celebrity.

Yea well, Wow, sorry I'm not a professional bulletin board poster. Hey listen, if you can't answer my question then why waste our time here?

Yea, we enjoyed the boxed cereal for breakfast, Turkey sandwich for lunch (You can't mess up turkey and bread RIGHT?!) and dinner was like cafeteria food......NO I'm not looking to spend big bucks but exatcly which cruiseline "Touts" their cusine?

why put "touts" in quotes? I'm confused

Anyway, I see you went on a 5 day RCCL cruise..yeah, most shorter cruises the emphasis isn't on the food.

Radisson and Crystal are 2 lines that come to mind for excellence in food. Does that mean you can't find good food on other lines? Not at all.

Personally, whiile I may come across bad meals, I've never had a cruise where all the food across the board "sucks." BUt that's me. Heck, I've had great meals in hole in the wall restaurants and not so great meals in 4 store land restaurants.

I was on the Enchantment sailing last week as well, and never had a meal that I hated. Would I say it was the best food ever, no...I've had better, especially when I lived out east in a large city with lots of choices. But the food was not bad. And if there was something I didn't like, I chose something else. To say it was cafeteria or airline quality is a VAST exaggeration. I thought it was fine and would have to say I never went hungry. Just MHO.

didn't realize most people knew what prison food tasted like....the airline food analogy I can see.....

ah well, next time pay the big bucks and go to a cruise line that touts its world class cuisine

Am I to understand you did not enjoy one bit of food on your cruise?

BTW..thanks for posting this on different forums....love to see the same post in different places

I think you could be a whole lot nicer.....but that's just ME.

SOME people!!!! ugh

Leesha

On my last cruise I found no problem with the food. With the amount of people on one ship, I would say it would be unreal to expect everyone's taste buds to react the same way. Sorry to read you had such a negative experience, but happy to report I have read more positive things regarding the food.

Regina

I don't think she was saying she only FOUND cereal, just that that is the only thing she liked. I was on the same sailing as the OP and I found the food to be quite good. Somethings I didn't like, but hey, that's just life...get something else. Was fun just trying different things. Definitely gained a few lbs so it must not have been too bad! :)

I wonder how many of the meals the OP ate in the buffet? I have to agree, most of the food at the buffet is not very good. It tastes just like buffet food. For better food, try eating in the dining room, and yes, I'm aware some of the food is the same. You just have to know what to select.

I wrote a newsletter for my family group earlier this year, in it I stated to keep away from the buffet as much as possible. Also, stay away from the chicken dishes. You can pretty much expect banquet quality on a cruise ship, after all, they are preparing for over 2000 guests.

I was amused by one of our cousins on our cruise. She said she liked eating in the buffet for breakfast and lunch because she is picky about what she eats. That is the exact same reason I choose not to eat at the buffet, unless it is the only choice.

I also do not have any idea what prison food tastes like. Airplane food I try to avoid unless I am starving. I've often wondered about wallpaper paste, I've heard comments for years about stuff tasting like wallpaper paste, among other unmentionable things.

Finally, on our last cruise, Celebrity Infinity, the food was surprisingly good, except for the buffet.

I don't think she was saying she only FOUND cereal, just that that is the only thing she liked. I was on the same sailing as the OP and I found the food to be quite good. Somethings I didn't like, but hey, that's just life...get something else. Was fun just trying different things. Definitely gained a few lbs so it must not have been too bad! :)[/quote

I was referring to the numerous posts the OP has made about the same subjest on about 3 different discussions on CC. She said she only found cereal on the buffet on one post.

I think new cruisers have an idea in their mind about what cruises are like. Some expect all line to be luxury liners, with pampering 24/7, large rooms, and great food. Maybe they are watching too may old Love Boat reruns:)

I stick to the dining rooms, too.

Leesha, sorry your food was disappointing to you. Maybe you could try Carnival next time. I agree with an above poster - the food is fantastic at every meal in the dining room. Eggs Benedict, strawberry crepes, waffles, pancakes, etc. Lunch menu has fish, salads, meats, even 1/2 lb. cheeseburgers. Dinner is an experience! There are at least six different entrees every night, always beef, seafood, chicken, pasta, and if nothing suits you, you can always order a sirloin steak. Any food on Carnival, if not to your liking, will be replaced with something else, no problem.

If you stuck strictly to the buffet area, I would say you missed out on some great cuisine in the dining room. I have never had a meal from the buffet, but I do 'check it out' each cruise just to see what's offered. It just never appeals to me.

Then - there's always 24-hour pizza and salad bars, and soft-serve ice cream and yogurt.

I have had three careers - Food & Beverage director, Caterer, and Chef - and I know good food. Carnival has it! Better luck next cruise.:)

We just got back from our honeymoon on RCCL and the food was HORRIBLE. To us it was airplane quality crap. Someone else aboard commented it was prison quality.

Is there a cruiseline with QUALITY food?

Wow....I'm really impressed!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that airlines were serving the same quality food as RCI! Escargot, Vichyssoise, Beef Wellington, and crème brulee on an airplane??? Please let me know which airline you are flying on that serves food of that caliber, as I can only recall getting a bag of pretzels on any of my flights in the last decade.

Cheers!

:rolleyes:

leeshajoy,

In response to your question I would recommend Princess. While we only have the one cruise under our belt, the food was terrific and enjoyable. The buffet food was variable- some days great selection and some average. At no time did I feel that we did not get our money worth. All of the regular dinners were terrific and shared with some great new friends.

I fully expect the food to be just as good on our next two cruises and appreciate all of the hard work that goes into it.

Sorry that you did not have an enjoyable cruise. Maybe you will fare better on your next one.

Ron

Yes, we're foodies as well...and we love the food so far on the RCCL ships we've taken. One old one (can't remember the name), Navigator, and the Enchantment. NO complaints and I was actually very impressed with most of our food. I liked the buffet too...I loaded up on fresh fruits and sometimes custom made waffles and one morning crepes suzette....yummmmm. Made to order sandwiches, a wonderful waldorf salad was a mainstay, and mini sandwiches and cream puffs just to name some favorites on the buffet. For dinner I had nice lobster, wonderful salmon dishes, good chicken one night stuffed with crab meat, a chef salad when I felt the need for something lighter...all served in seven course style with all of the wonderful courses we "oohhhed" and "ahhhed" as they arrived...beautiful and delish! Yes we go out to dinner alot and YES we love good food, and yes it CAN be found on RCCL.

I'm sorry but the only wrong thing about "letting it die" is that someone who has not cruised RCCL before may get the idea ALL the food is bad. It's just not true!

I think you could be a whole lot nicer.....but that's just ME.

SOME people!!!! ugh

That would be just you.

I'm quite comfortable being me, thank you very much

And forgive me for being tired of seeing this SAME post posted in 5 different spots

UGH :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but the only wrong thing about "letting it die" is that someone who has not cruised RCCL before may get the idea ALL the food is bad. It's just not true!
Good point! Threads don't exist for the benefit of the OP, alone.

I have to agree with you both after revisting my post. But the OP has lost all credibility by not even responding on any of the 5 threads she has created on this matter. There have been some good suggestions to her but obviously she can't be bothered the respond. Maybe she is still covered in the venom she was spewing.

I have sailed on RCI and have found the food to be fine. Not gourmet but better than I expected.

mcboo

That's not unique around here: Venom runs rampant. Different people express it differently; some with "stink bombs" like this one; some by personal attacks on folks who disagree with them; some with just plain bad behavior. My suggestion is to ignore that stuff, and treat each subject seriously even if the OP doesn't.