Pride Upgrade question

bby31288

Hi all. I just received an upsell email for my Pride cruise leaving August 19. I have an obstructed view cabin 5233 to an extended balcony cabin 5118 for $30.00. I have never had an extended balcony. Is it a good deal? Thanks. I have been on many cruise’s just usually inside cabin once an ocean view.

Edited by bby31288
Spelling

I say take it. Extended balconies are really nice. I wish my upgrade offer was that good.

The one I got the other day for my Breeze cruise in September was an upgrade to a regular balcony for $310 so I say grab your offer thats great.

Absolutely do it!

We're on the same cruise as you! We're in two cabins on Deck 8, regular balcony and interior across the hall.

I had 5109 on the Pride, which is basically the same room, but on starboard side. Best extended balcony rooms! I would book it again in a heartbeat. l would have chosen one of these rooms for this cruise, actually, but there aren't any balcony rooms for 3 near the handful of interior rooms they have all the way forward. So, it wasn't an option for us.

You get to look straight down over your railing to the water. All the other extended balconies on Pride are above the life boats.

The balconies above you are not extended, so you have sky above you when near the railing. Though, the trade off here is less privacy. I did have a nice conversation with someone on a balcony two decks above and a few rooms down. They were looking off the side of their balcony and saw me standing there. They recognized me from the line to park our cars in the lot (their car was next to ours in the multi-lane line).

The ONLY downside was that you could sometimes hear shows or rehearsals from the main showroom below you. It didn't bother me, but I could see someone having a hard time napping if they were having a rehearsal, or if they wanted an early bed time while a performance was occurring.

We're on the port side, also, almost directly above you, so I'll be looking for you when I look down from our balcony! If I see you there, I'll call out to you, "hey, it's me from cruise critic!"