Have there been any Martha sitings this week???

Rotterdam

Rotty,

Bail??? So funny. You and I can bring the Champagne (which is chilling) bail her out and have one heck of a good time. Thanks for the late night laugh.

And don't forget to post your cabin number for the 30th. Must get my Emails off a.s.a.p.!!!!

Miss Vale

How I wish you were here now ..I could use a big bottle of anything.....

Our cabin is 5639(thanks to the TA mess up - we ended up in the this category & we are battling it out now. I am not happy ay all about this cruise...but I'll just sit in a deck chair for 10 days....

please have a glass of champagne for me & my Aunt. My dear beautiful Aunt has been in a home for the last 7 years battling Alzheimers disease. Late last nite I received a call that she probably will not survive the weekend - I am flying down to her today... I am heartbroken. She is my Auntie Mame & she really defined a great deal of who I am...took me on my first cruise, weekends in Manhattan - theatre, great restaurants, encouraged me to see the world, dance, eat & drink only the best, dress nicely, laugh, have the best of friends & family and believed in simple elegance.

She travelled on the great ships of the 1940's through 1980. Remember when women wore furs to dinner in the carib. She honeymooned on the FRANCE with the Grand Tour of Europe. She is the last of her kind.....she wore her hair in a French knot, had a charm bracelet, LOVED Martinis(because they looked so elegant) dressed in the most beautiful clothes, held an officer position on Wall Street & took great pride in her work & accomplishments with a quiet strength......

But most of all she loved me as I was her son. Say a prayer, have some bubbly & when I return we'll figure out how to Martha to fess up about what REALLY happened on her cruise.

Charlotte - Please email me at jjfvh@msn.com when you have a moment...

Glad you had a good chuckle last nite ...Auntie would like that.

Rotterdam - So sorry to hear about your Auntie Mame. She sounds like an amazing woman. You are very fortunate to have had someone so wonderful in your life. My grandmother died from Alzheimer's disease 4 years ago. I know how painful the disease is on both the individual and the family. My thoughts are with you and I have lifted up a prayer on your behalf to give you strength to face the days ahead of you. Thank you for sharing a slice of your Auntie Mame with us. Here is wishing you peace and comfort for the following days.

Archived