Report Nov. 28th Pride sailing

mcboo

Just a brief report of the November 28th sailing of the Pride 7-days roundtrip from Barbados.

We arrived a day early in Barbados to make sure we made the ship. Barbados is not one of our favorite islands and the construction in the airport made for an uncomfortable arrival. Immigration lines move slower than a snails pace. With a great indifference on the part of the immigration officers.

Boarding the Pride- We made our way to the port on Sunday at approximately 1:30pm. Our reception at the port was handled well by the Seabourn staff. Bus was waiting and they promptly whisked our luggage to the ship.

Although our suite wasn't ready comfortable arrangement were made for us in the Magellan including finger sandwiches and refreshments. Shortly after that we were shown to our suite. When we arrived our suite was set up with two beds instead of the one we had requested. Our wonderful stewardess Andy from South Africa said she would take care of it immediately and she did.

On our 1st day we had asked Nelson at the skybar if he had any fresh mint to make a mojito. He said what he did have was not fresh and he would prefer not to use it. He would speak to the chef about getting some.

That soon became a running joke at the skybar as day after day passed and still no mint. On the evening of the deck BBQ Chef Pascal was checking with us to make sure we were enjoying everything. I jokingly said it would be better with fresh mint. He screamed you are the one that is looking for the mint. He apoligized but said he hadn't been able to find any. I asked him if I found some on my travels on the islands would he mind if I brought it on board. He said that would be ok but he would be embarrassed.

Imagine our surprise when leaving the ship in Guadeloupe chef Pascal was reboarding from his market trip and gleefully displayed a huge bag of fresh mint. He was so happy that he had found it. His face just lit up.

Team Trivia- Was wonderful as usual. It was extremely competetive like it always is. The team we were on the "Supremes" had a wonderful time and our team grew each day with new members. In only glitch was a question that the book had an incorrect answer. The answer had just changed about 3-4 weeks prior to sailing. (No I will not give the question away). We knew we were correct so the next day I went to the internet and printed the supporting documentation. I supplied the documents to Eric DeGrey and requested the 1000 points we didn't receive plus 1000 additional points for the inconvenience. He was very accommodating and gave us the 2000 points.

Another fun time was the pseudo-caviar in the surf.

Since we didn't have a beach bbq stop on this cruise Carl decided to do caviar in the hot-tub. They still had it up at the skybar however those of us in the hot-tub seemd to having a much better time.

We were accompanied on this sailing with our friends Sharon and Paul who were first time Seabourn sailors. It was truly wonderful to watch their reactions. This was Paul's first cruise ever.

Paul is also a professional singer and was thrilled when the entertainment staff especially Eric DeGrey allowed him to perform with them at the deck bbq and in the club.

Food and service was excellent throughout with on exception. In my opinion the chefs tasting menu one evening was just a bit over the top. I had a few things from that menu and supplemented it from the classic menu.

Carl, Tony and LeAnne in the dining room were absolutely wonderful. Nelson at the skybar was great. Andy our stewardess I can't rave enough about she was the best.

We also met some great people especially Cruisecrazyone and her husband Jerry, Estelle and Mark from New York, Marlene from England, James and Stuart-a lovely couple from London and Marcie from Florida to name a few.

Trying to keep this positive so I wont discuss the few guest that were so pretenious and trying to no avail to impress anyone that would listen to them.

mcboo:):):)

Ditto to your excellent report McBoo! And a fun time was had by all! We are always happy to welcome new friends to Seabourn, however, it is so sad when someone cruises Seabourn as their first cruise experience--they may think that there is something as good or better out there and, obviously, there is not! Where does one go from Seabourn?--only down. Glad everyone is as enchanted with Seabourn as we are! Champagne wishes, caviar dreams, and endless Seabourn cruises for all of us in the New Year!

mcboo~~~I think we both enjoy the Pride Dec. Caribbean sailings! We had a great, fun time as well the following week.

Nelson is so good........and sooooo funny! There were about 8 to 10 of us that would meet up in the Sky Bar in the afternoon's. Mojitos for me and exotic, strange drinks for others. Straws for everyone!

As you heard, Lulu will be leaving Seabourn in Feb. We are all CRUSHED.......but, of course, sincerely wish him well in opening his restaurant in Brittany. Karl will be the new Maitre 'D. And we love Karl.........Lee Ann is sooooo efficient! We think she will become a Maitre'D one of these days. Trevor did an outstanding job! The ship was totally packed........Mcboo, do you remember several years ago this same sailing we would have 140 or so guests? (AND our March Crossings, 97?)

The food was DEE-licious.........Cheffy Pascal outdid himself........and we enjoyed having Guest Chef Rob Feenie and his financee' Michelle. We were also impressed with Nichole, the new dining room, Sommelier. Service ALWAYS, impeccable!

As to guests........most, wonderful, fun, seasoned Seabourn Sailors, with a few "boat people" ..........(that's lack of a better description) They had not sailed Seabourn before.......I don't know what they expected or wanted. Very demanding and often rude to the sweet waiters. They weren't aware that they stood out like "sore thumbs!" These were but a very few.......

On Dec. 19th (in Ft. Laud) Deborah was to embark the Pride for the day.....as were other Executives from Blue Lagoon Dr........I wanted to visit with her, but she was on the Legend, berthed next to us........I waited, but then a few of us were meeting friends for lunch and had to disembark. Our "Guest Referral" program is still in tact.......I plan on using a $500 coupon for the March Crossing. A few of us (HD, the M.'s (N.Carolina) the Murray's, chairsin and her sweet hubby and I pooled our "left-over" ship board credit and we are hosting a "Three King's Day" party for all the crew, Staff and Officer's on Jan. 6th. We had thought of a Christmas party, but Corporate Office is having one, also the Ship party.......we decided to host a totally separate one. We were so surprised at our total $$$'s.......it added up! Hopefully enough for LOBSTER!

We enjoyed the Ports.......St Bart's was fun! 'Le Select was "jammin'" chairsin, hubby and I walked up for a Red Stripe! The Island picnic was awesome, as usual! I didn't catch the ferry to St. John's this time.......stayed on board and prepared for the Eggnog Social.....

All in all.........wonderful, fabulous week! Being with a ship-load of good friends and "ex-tended Seabourn family" made my 2004 Happy Holiday!

"Amigos Para Siempre"

Martita

Miss Martha,

Le Select was packed when we were there too. It is always so much fun.

Had our Red Stripe and a Carib or two with our bacon cheeseburgers.

Glad to here that Karl is going to be promoted he really deserves it. He works so hard and has such a great personality.

mcboo:):):)

mcboo~~~Yes, I am also thrilled that Karl will be the new Maitre 'D.......those dimples he has are killers! We also predict that cute Lee Ann will soon become a Maitre' D.....Yep, a lady maitre 'd hotel !

Many changes for Seabourn.....as you know, the Pride and Legend will go into dry dock in the Bahamas around Oct. and Nov......I'm anxious to see all the new furnishings and interior designs.

Happy New Year!

Martita B.

Archived