Does NCL offer accessible (disability) cabins with connecting cabins on ANY ship?

Valen9

I cruise with friends. One of my friends now has mobility issues, and I'd love to put her in an accessible cabin.

But we also really love having connecting cabins!

Royal Caribbean offers several classes of accessible cabins that have connecting (regular) cabins of the same class. My friend really loves NCL and doesn't want to switch I can't find any NCL ships that offer this.

Do any of NCL's ships offer connecting cabins, one of which is accessible? Do they have any plans to, even on the new ships? I was very sad to look at the deck plans on Escape and find only 4 accessible cabins with windows, none of which connected to anything.

Is there someone at NCL that I should contact to let them know that they're not thinking about how best to accommodate people with disabilities who travel with friends or caregivers?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of different configurations when it comes to connecting chains.

Does your friend have a powerchair or scooter? If not, couldn't she just book a standard cabin? Is she unable to take the step up to the bathroom maybe?

My husband is in a wheelchair, but we've only had an aft accessible cabin, which did not connect to another cabin.

Norwegian does have an access and compliance department. The number should be on the website.

Also, some booking websites list the numbers of accessible cabins for each ship. Not sure we are allowed to name the sites though!

We cruised with my parents twice to Hawaii on POA. The first trip Hubby and I stayed in an aft cabin and the second trip we had a connected room to the parents handicap accessible. It was nice being close; but the room was smaller in comparison to the aft. I'm spoiled to the aft view now and will settle for just being in close proximity to their cabin.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Norwegian

can see all the deck plans for NCL here.

click on the class of ship

click on the ship

click on deck plans

look for rooms with a square and a double arrow

If have specific sailing looking for, call a TA or NCL and have them tell you what is available on the sailings and ships you are looking for.

The Epic has aft balcony disabled cabins that can “connect” via the balconies. The steward just has to remove the partition. We did a cabin crawl where a family had done just this...

You can't count on the cabin steward removing the partitions. Most follow the guidelines that these are not to be opened. (Been there, tried that and ended up opening them ourselves. We did get a note in our cabin telling us not to do this again.)