Tips included on MSC?

flygirl2

I know I've read somewhere on MSC reviews that tips are included in the cruise, but I just talked with my Travel Agent and she said no, other than bar tickets. Can someone clarify for me if we tip the traditional way on the last night of the cruise or if tips are included and it's optional?

It IS true that service is included in the drinks prices in the pub and bars, I saw no one tipping inthe bars.

It also MAY be true that the Italian waiters and stewards receive proper pay which means they do not have to survive on tips.

However most folk I spoke to tipped as per usual to the waiters and cabin stewards, the cabins were wellkept although there were nearly 30 average cabins (not suites) per pair of workers.

The waiters, well if you got a good Italian one you were well served and tipped accordingly,if you had an Indonesian one you were Ok anyway, other Italian ones who were less friendly and/or efficient may have received what they deserved.

I was told by a ship's office that the officers receive their pay in Euros and the rest of the crew in US Dollars.

I was happy with the ship and the cruise and tipped accordingly, I realise others may not have been so satisfied although they also paid peanuts presumably for the ticket.

There was absolutely no pressure to tip at any time.

I was on 1/22 Opera cruise (it was great) & we were told tipping was not compulsory but appreciated. We tipped as we would have on any other ship. Envelopes are not left in your cabin, but instead you pick them up at the service desk. I brought my own thank-you cards. Our dining room waiter, Renaldo and Victoria, our room stewardess were great & deserved to be tipped to show our appreciation.

We also tipped as we would on any other cruise,since we were very happy with the service, wether it was the cabin steward,dining room waiter or assistant waiter.

But , we purchased the Wine/Water x 7 ! with dinner package. At $91.00 it is one hell of a deal !!!!!!!!

That package did not include the normal 10 % tip ,as do all other

bar/drink purchases.Odd !!!

We tipped ' Desislava' our Sommelier/ Wine Steward seperately.

I wanted to place the tips on the account, instead I had to go to the purser's, charge my account the amount of tips I wanted to give to the personnel,was handed the cash and then placed it in the thank you envelopes I had brought.

Whatever it takes ! LOL

It was worth every penny

Archived