New to Silversea, ? on boarding & disembarkation

foreveryoung

What time can you typically board for a cruise that departs at 7:00 PM? And could anyone tell me about SS's Late Disembarkation Program. I'd check the SS web site but everytime I tried to open the link on the web site, it fails to connect with the server.)

I'm sure that I'll be posing many more questions before we sail on the Whisper on 12/6. Thanks

Vickie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;6;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

12/6/04 SS Silver Whisper Southern Carribean

We were able to embark at 3:00 pm when we were on our Whisper cruise in April. We departed though at 11:00 pm. We dismembarked at 10:00 am. Hope this helps.

Don

Carnival Mardi Gras 04/75

NCL Skyward 05/84

NCL Southward 04/91

Carnival Ecstasy 12/93

Crown Princess 12/94

Seabourn Legend 05/96

Enchantment of the Seas 08/01

Celebrity Infinity 10/01

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/02

Splendour of the Seas 4/03

Splendour of the Seas 10/03

Silver Whisper 4/04

Until Our Caribbean Princess Cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Our Infinity Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;6;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1100

Until Our RSSC Diamond Cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;7;2;15;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until Our Silver Whisper Cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;11;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

From our most recent Silversea trip in April/May our Silversea "Ports, Shore Excursions and Land Programs" guide says the following:

EARLY EMBARKATION: Silversa is pleased to offer you the opportunity to board our ships prior to standard embarkation hours. You will be able to board the ship as early as 10:30 AM, have lunch and relax onboard. Every effort will be made to have your suite available upon arrival, but if it is not, you are still free to enjoy all public areas. Pre-registration for Early Embarkation is required a minimum of 7 days prior to departure.

LATE DISEMBARKATION: Instead of disembarking at standard disembarkation hours, you will be able to remain abooard the ship as late as 5 PM (subject to ship's sailing time), have lunch and relax prior to heading home. Arrangements for Late Disembarkation must be made on board through the Concierge at least 24 hours prior to disembarkation.

There is a charge for this. The next line in booklet says:

PRICING FROM $100 PER PERSON PER DAY: Venetian Society members (past guests of Silversea) who have reached the 250-day milestone will receive Early Embarkation and Late Disembarkation privileges free of charge.

Hope this helps...

Thank you for the information. I did know that there was a fee for early embarkation, but I'm a little unclear as to whether there is a charge for late disembarkation. The one line says no charge and the next few lines seem to imply that there is a charge. Is it just me?

Vickie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;6;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sorry, I just reread rubyclk's post and see that it clearly states there is a charge for this. Sometimes one's eyes see what you want them to see.

Vickie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meow!:

Your kitten is really cute, and somehow it stops scratching after half a minute, meow!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you meow! Actually she's a little bit lazy and gets tired of washing her ears so she just sits there!

Vickie

Vicki,

My husband and I will also be on the Whisper 12/6. This is our first Silverseas cruise as well..... Perhaps we will both learn from the board postings. Hope to see you onboard.

Gloria

Vickie

I think you & I will have a long way to go before we reach the 250 day benefit. When I 1st saw this in the SS brochure I was thrilled - until I saw the cost. But maybe one of these days that 250 will be ours.

Gloria - looking forward to meeting you & your husband on this cruise. My 1st SS sailing. Am very excited.

Betty

87.jpg

Bye Bye

Hi All,

There is clearly a surcharge of $100 for early or late embarkation. I will tell you if you are in a port with not a lot to do-- do it!! If not, board regularly as my sister and I will do in Aruba. I'm looking forward to seeing you on board!!

Does the charge apply to upper suite categories.

On our New Zealand cruise a few years ago, we stayed on board till 4icon_redface.gifo P.M. (no charge). They also had a shared Vista /Suite available for changing, etc. We were in a Silver Suite. I guess changes are not always for the best.

Archived