Just off the Dawn

johnandlinda

We were also on this cruise, and noticed the older average demographic, but weren't terribly bothered by it. Yes, it would have been nice if there were more, well, active activities, but frankly, how much fun would they have been with only a handful of people? I thought the staff did a good job of adjusting on the fly. For example, when trivia the first day overflowed Gatsby's, they moved to Bliss for later trivia sessions.

I sailed on the Dawn in December, and loved it so much I have another cruise booked on the Dawn for March. The specialty dining was the best food I have had on any ship, any line, especially La Cucina. The ship was extremely well maintained and the decor was nice and modern. I didn't encounter long lines anywhere, and embarkation was a breeze. The entertainment was outstanding - again, best I've ever seen on a cruise ship. I went to the showroom every night but one and all of the shows were amazing. Our cabin was very comfortable and nicely furnished (again, nicest cabin I've had yet.) I had the Thermal Spa pass and was really happy with it - especially at night when we practically had the place to ourselves. I would highly, highly recommend the Dawn to anyone. The one and only complaint I had was that specialty coffee and sparkling water and not included in the beverage package, but that's true on any NCL ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the review. Is Band on the Run still one of the stage productions at night in the theater?

We missed a couple of nights at Stardust, so it’s possible we just missed them, but I never heard anything about them on board. Second City was also not there, although I saw they are still being advertised as part of Dawn’s entertainment lineup...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums