BOS are there Laundromats??

kruzin'

I don't think the laundry service is cheap--$1.40 for a pair of underwear????

Try to find a laundromat in a port...that would be the cheapest way---or pack alot!

I was about to say the same thing but you beat me to it. :)

Well, it's cheap to me. I can't get anything cleaned at home for anywhere close to that. I guess it all depends on what you are use to. But for me, even the drinks on board are dirt cheap. Cruising is the cheapest vacation I have ever been on.

I've always wanted to ask this when I see this - nothing disrespectful intended - seriously curious...

At home - do you normally send your underwear out to be washed and dried?? Dry cleaning I understand. I even knew a guy years ago that traveled a lot and would drop his dirty laundry at a place that did it for a price per pound. But I would have no concept of a reasonable price to wash and dry a pair of panties.

Well, it's cheap to me. I can't get anything cleaned at home for anywhere close to that. I guess it all depends on what you are use to. But for me, even the drinks on board are dirt cheap. Cruising is the cheapest vacation I have ever been on.

I've always wanted to ask this when I see this - nothing disrespectful intended - seriously curious...

At home - do you normally send your underwear out to be washed and dried?? Dry cleaning I understand. I even knew a guy years ago that traveled a lot and would drop his dirty laundry at a place that did it for a price per pound. But I would have no concept of a reasonable price to wash and dry a pair of panties.

Not disrespectful at all. Good question. No, I do not send my underwear out to be cleaned. But when I pay as much as I do for shirts, pants, etc., $1.40 for a pair of underwear seems pretty reasonable to me. That is a lot less than I pay for a cup of coffee. But the longest I ever go on vacation is 2 weeks, so I have never had the need to send out underwear. I always bring enough. But I do have a washer & dryer at home, and I do laundry here too (or my cleaning ladies do. lol.) :D ;)

Archived