Silver Whisper On 9-30-05

DrJW

This is the second voyage we are taking on the Silver Whisper. The first one was departing from Curacao...This one leaves from NYC on 9-30 to 10-10 the Foliage Cruise; leaves tour from NYC to Canada and returns to NYC

Questions:

What is the clothing suggestions for this specific cruise. We really prefer not to have ANY formal nights (leave home the suit and tux) but I guess there are some. Does anyone know how many and are jackets really necessary for those nights? What is the dress code for other nights? Also what can we expect as to weather for this time going up the esatern seaboard? Cool at night? (sweaters?) warm during days) leave shorts home?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.Anyone else going on this cruise...please let me know....would enjoy meeting others. My direct e-mail DRCARE@aol.com

Thanks for any suggestions as to any excurions you may recommend for the various ports we shall be visiting! Also any suggestions as to hotels that are not $400 a night as a pre-cruise visit to NYC ?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jack

This is the second voyage we are taking on the Silver Whisper. The first one was departing from Curacao...This one leaves from NYC on 9-30 to 10-10 the Foliage Cruise; leaves tour from NYC to Canada and returns to NYC

Questions:

What is the clothing suggestions for this specific cruise. We really prefer not to have ANY formal nights (leave home the suit and tux) but I guess there are some. Does anyone know how many and are jackets really necessary for those nights? What is the dress code for other nights? Also what can we expect as to weather for this time going up the esatern seaboard? Cool at night? (sweaters?) warm during days) leave shorts home? I can't help you with how many formal nights,but I am going to bet you have at least 2.When we cruise on SS my DH does not wear a tux,but a dark business suit and he has never felt out of place..so yes a jacket would be in order for those nights,but not a tux if you would not feel uncomfortable not being in one.I do not dress "up" either,but something I feel comfortable in as far as dress..no beaded gowns for me.

As for clothes for the cruise at that time of year..I would say fall clothes in order..jackets and sweaters as it can be cold then especially in NS.It may warm up during the day,but it will be on the cool side and possible cold at night.However, the way the weather has been this summer who knows.I would pack a pair of shorts,but not hold one's breath to wear them.

I am originally from New England(VT),spent my honeymoon in NS(eons ago),go to Boston a lot,and used to eat lobsters in Portland when we lived in VT.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.Anyone else going on this cruise...please let me know....would enjoy meeting others. My direct e-mail DRCARE@aol.com

I will not be on your cruise as I will be on one from Athens to Rome just before that,but you will meet some nice people I just bet.

Thanks for any suggestions as to any excurions you may recommend for the various ports we shall be visiting! Also any suggestions as to hotels that are not $400 a night as a pre-cruise visit to NYC ?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Can't help you with a hotel in NYC as it has been a while since I have been there,but I would check out the Hilton in midtown..good location and near a lot.Price should not be to bad,but then again it is NY.

As to your excursions..I am not one to tell people what I think they should do not knowing their interests,but here are my suggestions anyway since I know most of the ports you will go to..

If you are going to do a SS excursion in NYC and have not been there before I would do the Rock Center and highlights.If not..do the hop/on bus..fun and you get to see all the sights at your own pace.

Martha's Vin..do the Island tour..it's not that easy to get around and this way you see the Island and the hilites.

Nove Scotia..Sydney..you are on your won for this one..not crazy about any of them.Wander around would be good.Halifax..Halifax and Peggy's Cove...good overview of the area.You won't get out on the coast..it is really rugges,but you will see the city and some of the outskirt.

BarHarbor..Acadia...,really scenic/pretty

Portland..Kennebunkport(and Bar Harbor itself is really quaint)

Boston..Historic Boston(then wander around if you can near the Commoms and Newberry Street if you feel the need to shop)

Newport...toss up...either the Mansions aor the summer cottages..I go the summer cottages I guess..they are really something.

NYC again...anything you may have missed and want to see.

Hoe this helps a little..since I don't know where you are from or if you have been to any of these places it was hard to decide what to write,but I fgured it couls not hurt.Have a great cruise.Maybe someone else will be able to help you out more with the formal nights.

Oh.if the leaves cooperate in the fall..take cmaera as the foliage can be really pretty on the coast especially Maine..hopefully the cruise will be there at the right time.

Jack

If I can be of any help or answer any other question's you may have..I will check back to see if I can help.

Archived