Long dresses?

BearJT

My wife, after looking at several sets of people's photos on past trips, wants to know if the "norm" is long dresses on the formal nights. The trip info says either but she wants to know.

Also, if you're on 1525 next month and you don't want to do the set shore excurisions in Kirkwall, we're going to cab/ferry to Lyness to see the Scapa Flow museum. The cab can hold 4-6. The round trip is easily done in the allotted time - 0800 to 1800.

Thanks for the answer. I think you've saved me pulling another 500lb suitcase. :)

Isn't it nice not to have to pull a 500lb suitcase....:D On our last SS cruise I saw very few long dresses for that matter more short or pants than long,and I don't think anyone felt any different.It used to be ok for heavier bags,but today with the airline restrictions it is best to travel lighter,and beaded long gowns are heavy.We travel a lot before and after the cruise so I would not dream of bringing more than I can handle.have a great cruise no matter what you wear.

I've seen men mostly in tux and women in long skirts than short dresses and dark suit. They are usually just a simple long skirt and no ball gown. But I guess it depends on the itenary and the nationality of the passengers of the particular cruise.

My wife, after looking at several sets of people's photos on past trips, wants to know if the "norm" is long dresses on the formal nights. The trip info says either but she wants to know.

Also, if you're on 1525 next month and you don't want to do the set shore excurisions in Kirkwall, we're going to cab/ferry to Lyness to see the Scapa Flow museum. The cab can hold 4-6. The round trip is easily done in the allotted time - 0800 to 1800.

HI Bearjt, I think that you should look at the Fashion section on cc it just concentrates on clothing issues

Regards

John

I've seen men mostly in tux and women in long skirts than short dresses and dark suit. They are usually just a simple long skirt and no ball gown. But I guess it depends on the itenary and the nationality of the passengers of the particular cruise.

Thanks.

Isn't it nice not to have to pull a 500lb suitcase....:D On our last SS cruise I saw very few long dresses for that matter more short or pants than long,and I don't think anyone felt any different.It used to be ok for heavier bags,but today with the airline restrictions it is best to travel lighter,and beaded long gowns are heavy.We travel a lot before and after the cruise so I would not dream of bringing more than I can handle.have a great cruise no matter what you wear.

Karen,

We have a total of 8 days besides the trip. I'm trying to get everything for the cruise into 1 large and 1 small bag. That way we can stash the other large bag at the hotel during the cruise.:D

John

Karen,

We have a total of 8 days besides the trip. I'm trying to get everything for the cruise into 1 large and 1 small bag. That way we can stash the other large bag at the hotel during the cruise.:D

John

You will be looking at 2 formal nights so I would take the 2 large bags and not try to cram it all in,not that you asked for my opinion,,they have great space to put them away.We travel with a 26 inch each and a carry on,but twhn we cruise I add a suit bag just for the ships clothes and then never unpack it on either end.I think it depends on the ship and cruise as to what people wear as another poster stated,but my husband will not bring a tux and I will not wear a long gown and we have fared just fine,and never felt out of place,but then I don't worry about such things anyway.No matter what you do..have a great trip and cruise.

Archived