No ATM on Eurodam? How much to bring then?

JoieNsk

The ship itself was nice enough. They were replacing wall panels right on our floor though - right outside our cabin one day. So that might have influenced me. I was not that impressed with the appearance of the ship (though our cabin was very very nice).

What I was really impressed with - with room service and main restaurant's food. Maybe we got better service as were were technically in suite, but everything was served in extremely nice manner. Thanks to big metal plate warmers the food would still be nice and warm then it arrived to us.

We were able to order food from the main dining room too, I don't know if this was just for the suites or anybody could do it. So we ended up never going to the main dining room :) And the food was delicious and very well presented. There were couple misses but the main impression was - wow!

The buffet didn't impress me too much. I didn't think there was a big variety, and there were always huge lines if you come at busy time. As nobody was allowed to take their own food, you would have to wait for the servers to put the food on the plate for you. I understand why possibly they do it in this way. But it was not fun to wait for food. I often would just eat small plates of appetizers you could take yourself (these were really good BTW) instead of the meal and then desert. As I didn't want to wait for food - the more the food was not that great to worth a long wait in my opinion.

Almost all the tours we booked through Holland America. It was just easier for me, as I was doing all the planning etc.

And we weren’t disappointed.

We did Tracy Arm Fjords cruise out of Juneau. It was on the pricey side, but it was worth every single penny!

We saw some pretty amazing stuff!

I was happy I was dressed really warm, so I can stay on the outside deck of the boat. Vast majority of people were staying inside almost all the time and would come up only when the boat stopped to see the glaciers or icebergs etc. And they had fun too. But it was real wet, the windows would fog up – there just would not be the same incredible view you would get from the open deck! The crew provided cloths for wiping the windows. But with a weather like we had it was just impossible to keep the windows clear all the time.

It was long trip too – 7 hours. But you just stay on theboat all the time, so don’t really get tired. We even had couple oldhandicapped people with us and they enjoyed the tour from inside.

We did also Herring Cove Bear Adventure in Ketchikan.

It was great!

But maybe we got lucky: it was the first day in Ketchikan when it was not raining (it started raining in the afternoon though :). So we saw 6-7 black bears and even a mom and a cub! One of the younger bears crossed the path we were on right in front of us - it was so cool! I could not believe my eyes :)

We also did historic tour of Sitka. It was more like a tour for seniors :))) So the majority of people on our tour were seniors. But we are of Russian origin and historic Sitka was our priority. So we really enjoyed the tour and Russian Folk Dancing ensemble. Our tour guide also was real great.

The only tour we didn't book with Holland America was carriage ride in Victoria. I booked it through Viator. We didn't have assigned time, so when we came to do the ride they were not able to accommodate us right away. We only were able to do it when it was already real dark and cold. It still was nice enough. But honestly - if I knew it would turn out like this - I would not book it. This tour needs to be done during the light. And we only arrived to Victoria at after 6 pm, so didn't have too much time.

We used ShuttleExpress for the rides in Seattle. They picked us up from the airport and took to Hyatt on the day of arrival.

And they picked us up after the cruise.

Going to the ship we just got a taxi cab.

We were very happy with ShuttleExpress. We did private transfers though as it was almost the same price as to book shared transfer for the three of us. The drivers were very prompt, the cars were nice. I was impressed.

When you leave from the terminal - the driver can't wait for you at the door. You need to go to the end of the terminal, find the ShuttleExpress Reps and check-in with them. it's the same for shared transfers. They called the driver and the car was there for us in about 5-10 minutes.