Norwegian star

whitey02

I am sure many of my fellow cruise mates shall be staying in hotels when they should be home in their own beds tonight we were informed at 7am this morning that the cruise ship could not dock in venice due to terrible fog now I know nothing can be done 're the weather but after missing our flights like hundreds of others we had to find accommodation on arriving at our hotel we met a couple who had the exact same experience on a RCL Ship the day before arriving in venice due to fog and they also had to find new flights accommodation ect surely we could have been informed before 7am on departure morning so that many of us maybe could have had a better chance to change flights ect

I believe the captain and crew done their very best for us but I think with todays technology we could have had a bit more notice The RCL passengers were told on the night before their departure and had access to the internet I was sitting in the room they had set up trying to book a hotel when the ncl staff came in and took all the laptops away from us today half way through my search :mad: I hope my fellow passengers all got something sorted as we can not get home until Wednesday so a expensive experience with fog :ship:

Edited by whitey02
Spelling mistakes

I was on that Cruise as well (fortunately we had already planned to overnight in Venice). We met a couple who missed a morning flight to Dublin but apparently everything was covered by travel insurance...but I am not sure it was NCL insurance or blanket coverage for their entire trip (if i had to guess it was insurance on their entire trip package).

I was pretty surprised when we woke up to fog. The Captain did say in his 7AM announcement that fog wasn't in any of the weather reports so I don't think they could have announced anything the night before. I think the crew did the best they could and added activities during the morning (I got to win another trivia session :D)...kind of a bummer the UBP cards were turned off though ;p.