Eclipse Embarkation Day Lunch Options

san diego spartan

We will be on Eclipse next month - what are our options for lunch when we board? We are not any special class of cruisers - just a regular balcony cabin. I do have to add that our friends are Aqua class - so please list their choices too if possible.

I know the buffet is open - but any other options? Pay or Free or ?

Also what about bars for drinking - what are open when we board before muster drill?

Thank you!!

Besides the buffet there are two other free options:

Mast Grill

Aqua Spa Cafe

It's been my experience that both have always been open on embarkation day. If there is very bad weather for any reason then Mast Grill will likely be closed. Aqua Spa Cafe is free even for non-aqua guests and is located in the solarium. The options are quite light and limited, but it is an option.

If you're in Concierge Class then you can access the lunch in MDR.

For pay Sushi on 5 SHOULD be open. It is a la cart, but they may have a flat fee option now. They do have some non-sushi items and some great appetizers too if Sushi is not your thing.

Even though your friends are in Aqua, their dining venue, BLU is not open for lunch.

Bars

Starting early Sunset Bar and Pool Bar should be open. I believe Mast Bar (across from the Mast Grill) should be open too along with Cafe Al Bacio. Usually the Martini Bar does not open until 2 or 3pm but makes a great place to grab a drink before muster drill.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise! We board the Eclipse in less than 2 weeks and I'll be posting a live blog so feel free to follow along and ask any questions!

ChicagoPaul - awesome - thanks for much for the info!!! I will look forward to your blog - you must be on the ship just a week or so before us. I hope to also post a somewhat live blog- but who knows - may enjoy myself too much!!

Great info and I like knowing the options for our 1st lunch and drinks!!! I've heard the buffet is pretty crowded so wanted to know some other options. I'm a big sushi fan, but not sure DH wants to pay for lunch the 1st day on the ship - we've paid for some specialty dining options package so might visit Sushi on 5 during then.

Looking forward to your live blog!!