Carnival -Tabyana Beach?

echo

All the resorts on West Bay beach are close to each other. After being there several times, we save money by getting there ourselves and just renting beach chairs and buying food and/or drinks on our own..This photo is from Argentine Grill on the Northern end of West Bay. There is one at West end also. It was very nice on the same beautiful beacn as Tabyana.

SANY2343.jpg

application screenshot

SANY2355.jpg

image upload

How much is it through the ship? I'm researching West End right now and have so far determined prices for Victor Bodden and Banarama.

West End and West Bay are two different areas...

Banarama is one of the beach clubs at West BAY.....

Bill

Does anyone know exactly what part of Tabyana Beach, this excursion goes to? Or is that the name of the resort?

Just a heads up, that all of the cruise lines use Tabyana for their beach breaks, so you might want to check what other ships are in port with you in Roatan. (I know Carnival goes there and when I was researching our NCL cruise in April, that is where our dolphin swim winds up and Princess who is in port with us, is also going there that day.)

So if there is quite a few ships in Roatan that day (which it usually isn't too bad) you might want to research one of the other beach clubs at West bay.

Bill

How much is it through the ship? I'm researching West End right now and have so far determined prices for Victor Bodden and Banarama.

Princess price for Tabyana is $59. There were shuttles to/from the ship @ every 1/2 hour.

Board your comfortable transportation for a lovely scenic drive to Tabyana Beach, considered to be one of the most beautiful in Roatan, if not all of the Caribbean. Upon arrival, a brief orientation to the area will be provided and then you will receive your complimentary lounge chair or sand mat.

The day is yours to spend how you wish. The crystalline water is perfect for swimming and the beach offers a long stretch of white-sand, which invites you for a stroll. The area has a number of amenities including restroom facilities and fresh water showers. There is also a small sundries shop with souvenirs.

Work up an appetite with an invigorating game of beach volleyball and enjoy a delicious buffet style lunch. Barbeque chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs are served with island style fixings and tropical fruit. Ice tea and lemonade are available throughout the day. After your day of fun in the sun, hop on one of the convenient shuttles and return to the ship at your leisure.

I used to get confused when I first started reading this board, thinking all of those beach clubs were actually separate "beaches", when people talked about them.

Should be fish pretty close to shore. (especially if you bring some cornflakes or rice krispies boxes from the ship to feed them.)

Look for the kidney shape in the water if you want to go out a bit more and see more and more diverse fish.

Hope you have a great time at West bay, wherever you wind up.

Bill

I used to get confused when I first started reading this board, thinking all of those beach clubs were actually separate "beaches", when people talked about them.

Should be fish pretty close to shore. (especially if you bring some cornflakes or rice krispies boxes from the ship to feed them.)

Look for the kidney shape in the water if you want to go out a bit more and see more and more diverse fish.

Hope you have a great time at West bay, wherever you wind up.

Bill

If you want to attract fish please bring fish food, not cereals.

What fish food do you recommend and where do you get it?

(please tell me you are not talking about the flakes in the aquarium section at Wal-Mart)

Bill

If you want to feed fish while you snorkel from shore, I used shrimp. Order an extra shrimp cocktail the evening before and put it in a baggie. Keep the shrimp in your mini bar till the next day. When you snorkel, tear small pieces of the shrimp off in your hands and watch the fish come to you. The shrimp doesn't dissolve in the water and one little shrimp can last a few minutes. Try dropping a big piece of shrimp down by the rocks and see if an eel comes out. It did for us. Remember not to leave your baggie in the ocean!

If you want to feed fish while you snorkel from shore, I used shrimp. Order an extra shrimp cocktail the evening before and put it in a baggie. Keep the shrimp in your mini bar till the next day. When you snorkel, tear small pieces of the shrimp off in your hands and watch the fish come to you. The shrimp doesn't dissolve in the water and one little shrimp can last a few minutes. Try dropping a big piece of shrimp down by the rocks and see if an eel comes out. It did for us. Remember not to leave your baggie in the ocean!

Great suggestion!

Excellent idea.....

Thank you VERY much...

Bill

Archived