st kitts and beach bbq

dalliowner

I’m onboard now and our Beach BBQ is today. The shore excursions guide states in bold type that if you go on an excursion, you WILL miss Caviar in the Surf but you can go straight to the Beach BBQ after.

We cancelled our excursion!

There was a bit of minor grumbling as we talked to folks last night who booked excursions early and never looked at the in-room excursion guide. They didn’t realize they’d miss part of the day’s events and it was too late to cancel by the time they realized it from talking to others. Tonight is also formal night and on embarkation day, the only only hair appointment times for ladies were earlier than 2 pm or after 6:30 pm. So a few more frustrations there! (I cancelled my 2 pm after deciding I valued my beach time more than an updo!)

I’m onboard now and our Beach BBQ is today. The shore excursions guide states in bold type that if you go on an excursion, you WILL miss Caviar in the Surf but you can go straight to the Beach BBQ after.

There was a bit of minor grumbling as we talked to folks last night who booked excursions early and never looked at the in-room excursion guide. They didn’t realize they’d miss part of the day’s events and it was too late to cancel by the time they realized it from talking to others. Tonight is also formal night and on embarkation day, the only only hair appointment times for ladies were earlier than 2 pm or after 6:30 pm. So a few more frustrations there! (I cancelled my 2 pm after deciding I valued my beach time more than an updo!)

We thought the beach bbq caviar in the surf day was one of the highlights of the trip

Was St. Kitts the second day of your cruise? I'm wondering when our formal night will be for the Jan 6 Caribbean sailing. In Silversea, formal night happens regularly on the 2nd night. Would Seabourn dedicate a specific evening, or is it random? I don't have this information in my booking documents nor in the website. Thanks for your help.

Was St. Kitts the second day of your cruise? I'm wondering when our formal night will be for the Jan 6 Caribbean sailing. In Silversea, formal night happens regularly on the 2nd night. Would Seabourn dedicate a specific evening, or is it random? I don't have this information in my booking documents nor in the website. Thanks for your help.

No, St. Kitts was not the second day for us. We departed from Miami, so it was about midway through our 12 day cruise. I can't remember which night was "formal" night, but if you pop into Seabourn Square they will tell you. We found them to be very accommodating and able to answer every question we had.

Hope you enjoy the beach bbq. the fresh lobster was really delicious.