Caribbean Princess - Part 1

Chesneygirl

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time putting a cruise video together.

I hope everyone enjoys!

http://www.vimeo.com/26297685

Stay tuned for Part 2.....

In case anyone is having trouble viewing the video on the link above then please try this link on youtube. It seems to work much better and doesn't get "stuck" like it's doing for some people on Vimeo.

Very cool video,Chesneygirl. Nice editing and music. We have an upcoming cruise - 5th time on this NYC run. Very disappointed, as you, about Princess discontinuing this cruise. Hate to jump ship but looking at a different line for next summer. Very bummed. :(

Thanks for the great video ! This is our first time with Princess so love any info we can get about the Caribbean Princess from other passengers! What was going on with the balloons?

Can't wait for part 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all nice compliments on my video.

I really enjoyed putting it together and being able to share it with everyone on cruise critic! :)

I am still working on Part 2. Hopefully it will be ready in a day or two.

Thanks for the great video ! This is our first time with Princess so love any info we can get about the Caribbean Princess from other passengers! What was going on with the balloons?

Can't wait for part 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

The balloon drop was patterned after a New Years Eve countdown celebration.

Before the balloons dropped there was live music and dancing going on in the Piazza. Then the countdown and the balloons all came down. It was a good time! I think the balloon drop was around 11:30ish that night.

GREAT job for your first video!!!! The quality of your video is outstanding!!!.....what kind of camera did you use?

I enjoyed watching this and I'm looking forward to "part II"!!

GREAT job for your first video!!!! The quality of your video is outstanding!!!.....what kind of camera did you use?

I enjoyed watching this and I'm looking forward to "part II"!!

Thanks for the nice feedback...I have enjoyed ALL of your videos as well.

It was actually your video of the Caribbean Princess that inspired me to try making one of my own! :)

My camera is nothing fancy...I used a Canon SX30is. It's basically a point and shoot but has really good zoom power and HD video.

I am thinking that I may want to upgrade before we take our next cruise. :)

Wow, wow, wow

It looks just amazing. My family and I are taking this cruise on 28th July. I was excited already but now I'm off the scale. Its our first cruise and by the looks of it wont be our last.

Thanks for sharing x :)

I am so glad that you enjoyed the video!!

You will have an amazing cruise on the Caribbean Princess! :)

The ship and staff were wonderful!

If you haven't already...be sure to check out Part 2.

Enjoy!

http://www.vimeo.com/26457817

Great videos!!! Loved Part 1 & 2. You did a great job speeding up certain parts and slowing others down, particularly the balloon drop. Could tell where most of it was shot from my cruise the month before. Great work!!! What was the first part about in Part 1, the comedy thing. Was that a show on the ship?

Tim

Great videos!!! Loved Part 1 & 2. You did a great job speeding up certain parts and slowing others down, particularly the balloon drop. Could tell where most of it was shot from my cruise the month before. Great work!!! What was the first part about in Part 1, the comedy thing. Was that a show on the ship?

Tim

Thanks for the compliments!

The comedians were onboard.

I thought they were really good. I wanted to fit them somewhere into the video. I originally had them worked further into the video but felt that it was to hard to hear them over the music. So I decided to just put the clip by itself in the beginning.

Thanks for the compliments!

The comedians were onboard.

I thought they were really good. I wanted to fit them somewhere into the video. I originally had them worked further into the video but felt that it was to hard to hear them over the music. So I decided to just put the clip by itself in the beginning.

At first I wondered if I had gotten to the right video. They were pretty good. You did a lot more video work in terms of taking video of the buffet, International Cafe, etc. Those will work well with other projects you might do ( think future trailers). I assume you used iMovie with the transitions I saw. The camera worked well. I have an older version of that one, the Sx1is. Are you going to make a part 3?

At first I wondered if I had gotten to the right video. They were pretty good. You did a lot more video work in terms of taking video of the buffet, International Cafe, etc. Those will work well with other projects you might do ( think future trailers). I assume you used iMovie with the transitions I saw. The camera worked well. I have an older version of that one, the Sx1is. Are you going to make a part 3?

My husband commented on my putting that footage at the beginning as well. He would of preferred that I put it elsewhere or not use it all...oh well to late now. :)

Part One and Two is all that I am doing.

Its fun putting it together but very time consuming.

Now I am putting together a slide show of all our photos..but will most likely just keep it for our viewing pleasure.

I am using my Mac computer for everything and I absolutely LOVE it. The photo editing features in iphoto is AMAZING.

All I can say is wow awesome job! Loved it!

My husband commented on my putting that footage at the beginning as well. He would of preferred that I put it elsewhere or not use it all...oh well to late now. :)

Part One and Two is all that I am doing.

Its fun putting it together but very time consuming.

Now I am putting together a slide show of all our photos..but will most likely just keep it for our viewing pleasure.

I am using my Mac computer for everything and I absolutely LOVE it. The photo editing features in iphoto is AMAZING.

Chesneygirl, loved your video. We have sailed out of N. Y. 3 times, and loved it. so sad also that Princess has decided not to do these 9 day sailings anymore. We sailed on Caribbean Princess on the repositioning cruise from San Juan to N. Y. this May, and it was great. Loved Andre and his staff!

Archived