Packing Strategies

CruisingLover

I was wondering what everyone does to have as many less wrinkles as possible when you pack? One of my sisters suggested to lay out the clothes unfolded in the suitcase (arms and legs outside of it) then keep doing that untill it's all packed. Then you just sort of fold in the things that are sticking out. I've never done this but might try it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :D

I pack a lot of my good clothes in dry cleaning bags. This really helps cut down on the wrinkles. I also take "Downy Wrinkle Release" with me - works like a charm, especially on t-shirts, shorts, docker type pants, etc. DH just sends his dress shirts out to be pressed on the first day, along with his tux. Prices on the ship are less than I pay here at home.

Downy wrinkle release is the best!! Just hang the clothes on a hanger, spray and let hang for awhile and you are all set! We roll our clothes when we pack and that seemed to work.I also bought a bottle of Downy WR and put it in a ziploc bag so it wouldnt leak and never needed an iron!

My wife rolls them in plactic dry cleaning bags and it works very well- very few wrinkles- She wanted to wrap me in those bags one night to see if it would get rid of my wrinkles--we already tried Downy on me -it didn't work!!!!!! Best wishes, Knarf (Frank backwards)

cruisinglover

your sisters method worked fabulous for me. i found it on the magellon site. it is easy to do and i had only a few wrinkles when i unpacked my bag that the wrinkle releaser took care of. i will continue to pack this way.

Cruisinglover - that's exactly what I do, but then put a towel, small pillow (if you take one) or some such item that doesn't wrinkle on the top, then fold all the other clothes around it - carefully smoothing wrinkles out as you fold. Works great! But I am taking Downy Wrinkle Release too in May - no wrinkles for me!

Mamaparrothead - LIGHTLY spray and press the wrinkles out with your hands, otherwise you'll be left with a pretty damp pair of pants or shirt that does take awhile to dry! Try it at home first (that's what I did on a pair of really wrinkled capri's, but I really sprayed it on good, and it did take awhile to dry!) so you'll know that it takes just a LITTLE bit of spraying to take out those pesky wrinkles (less than you'd think!).

Water works too, but you have to use more, and of course it'll take longer to dry.

I do a combination of the dry cleaning bags and folding over method. I travel a ton for business and hate taking a large suitcase. I live in my rollerbag and can go up to a week with efficient packing and no wrinkles. And I don't SKIMP ON CLOTHES! I'm a clothes and shoe fanatic!

Now that the wrinkle question has been answered, think about cross packing with whomever you're going with. Some of each persons clothes in each suitcase that includes casual and dressy things. Just in case a suitcase is lost, you will both still have clothes to wear anytime. My wife & I do this every time we fly anyplace.

Pack as your sisters suggested. That's what I do, and I also take Wrinkle Release. I transfer it from the large bottle into a smaller spray bottle and then put it into a ziploc bag, just in case of leaks. I never have wrinkled clothes. Sisterly advice is GOOD.:)

I pack a lot of my good clothes in dry cleaning bags. This really helps cut down on the wrinkles. QUOTE] (Sorry...........I'm not sure how to use the "quote" feature here :o )

I've actually heard this one before but I'm not quite sure how this reduces wrinkles :confused: Do you fold the clothes then place them neatly into the bags?? What is it about the bags that helps with wrinkles? It's all a mystery to me. Sounds like a pretty neat idea though :)

Thanks everyone for the responses :D

I've actually heard this one before but I'm not quite sure how this reduces wrinkles :confused: Do you fold the clothes then place them neatly into the bags?? What is it about the bags that helps with wrinkles? It's all a mystery to me. Sounds like a pretty neat idea though :)

Thanks everyone for the responses :D

Not sure how exactly it works but it does. When you pick your clothes up from the cleaners at home, you just leave them in the bags, hangers and all, and then put them in your suitcase and fold in half. I took my formal dress like this on our first cruise, after getting the tip on these boards, and didn't have any wrinkles. I was very surprised!

Julie

My wife rolls them in plactic dry cleaning bags and it works very well- very few wrinkles- She wanted to wrap me in those bags one night to see if it would get rid of my wrinkles--we already tried Downy on me -it didn't work!!!!!! Best wishes, Knarf (Frank backwards)

:D OMG that was the funniest thing I have read. Thank you Knarf for making my morning :)

I was wondering what everyone does to have as many less wrinkles as possible when you pack? One of my sisters suggested to lay out the clothes unfolded in the suitcase (arms and legs outside of it) then keep doing that untill it's all packed. Then you just sort of fold in the things that are sticking out. I've never done this but might try it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :D

This used to be a good idea - but if TSA opens your luggage, they will have to unfold everything. The plastic garment bags do keep clothes surprising wrinkle free.

Archived