Explorer of the Seas Excursion - Napa Valley Wine Train Tour

Has anyone taken the Napa Valley Wine Train Tour offered by Royal Caribbean? Explorer of the Seas offers this excursion during an overnight stop in San Francisco and the description says you will "see" wineries on your 36-mile ride. I called the RC's excursion number and the agent simply read the same description to me that is printed on the web site, but couldn't confirm if the tour included a stop to tour a winery. This excursion is a bit pricy but if it includes a winery tour it may be worth it. Appreciate hearing from anyone who has actually taken this tour. clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

They serve different wines on the train as you roll through vineyards. It doesn't stop at any wineries. Edit: I take that back, looking at the wine train website, it looks like some of their tours DO stop at wineries. Friends took the train and did not mention any stops. :) You might be able to book a private excursion that will actually take you on a winery tour to different wineries if you google wine tours Napa/Sonoma Valley. It will not be inexpensive either, unless you can find others to join you.

Edited by Coralc

And the basic 3 hour train ride does not stop at any wineries:

"The Napa Valley Wine Train offers a thirty-six mile round trip journey from Napa to St. Helena and back, lasting three hours, through beautiful Wine country and past famous and historic wineries."

Which sounds like the tour that Royal Caribbean might be offering...