Florence & Pisa On Your Own Excursion question??

cruising777

I too did a tour with italytoursharing.com and had a quick photo stop in Pisa. That was enough for us. Then we spent a couple hours in Florence and went to Tuscany to a family winery and enjoyed lunch. It was one of my highlights for sure. Last year I spent a night in Pisa. It is a cute area but the tower is the photo highlight for sure which you only need a bit of time but worth it.

• 5 months later...

Did everyone feel like they were able to get around Florence without a tour guide? Sounds like it was fairly easy to navigate. We're debating between the guided and non guided tours of Pisa / Florence. One of my sons is obsessed with Pisa so we're gonna have to hit that. I'm also considering the Pisa & Taste of Tuscany winery, but then we'd have to miss Florence. Sounds like that would be a big miss...

Thanks!

Stephanie

Here's a completely random suggestion. Skip both Florence and Pisa and go to the Cinque Terre. It's the prettiest place I've ever been. We loved being on the water, traveling from village to village and exploring the little shops and restaurants. YMMV -- that's just what worked for us.