Freedom of the seas-cabin 6712 or 6410

I have not personally been in either, but I did research the aft cabins quite a bit when making my selection for our upcoming FOS sailing. Are you trying to decide between the two? Have you seen pics of the stern of the ship? The balconies on deck 6 are set back quite a bit from the actual edge, you cannot see directly down to the wake. There's a large surface area between those cabins and the actual back of the ship. If there is availability, I would go higher. Just my opinion, and hard to gauge exactly what info you are looking for.

From a website that 'grades' cabins:

• Directly aft is the Presidential Family Suite, which represents the most luxurious accommodations on this deck of the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. Nearby deluxe ocean view staterooms (6710, 6712, 6412, 6410), ocean view staterooms (6700, 6702, 6400, 6402), and interior cabins (6707, 6499, 6407) are closest to this suite and likely near great cabin stewards!
  • Midship 6620, 6624, 6320, and 6324 are larger than other deluxe ocean view staterooms and are wheelchair accessible.
  • While ew are not suggesting this deck should be avoided entirely,

This is not based on my experience as have not been on that deck

I have 6712 booked for the July 22nd cruise. I have never had an aft cabin before and got this one because someone gave it up while I was on the phone trying to book our cruise. It was the only cabin available for 3 people. From what I have read you either love it or hate it. I like the idea of a larger balcony and it doesn't bother me that I have to look out to see the water instead of down.

You don't say when your cruise is but I can let you know after the 29th how the cabin was for me.:)

Trina

• 6 years later...
I have 6712 booked for the July 22nd cruise. I have never had an aft cabin before and got this one because someone gave it up while I was on the phone trying to book our cruise. It was the only cabin available for 3 people. From what I have read you either love it or hate it. I like the idea of a larger balcony and it doesn't bother me that I have to look out to see the water instead of down.

You don't say when your cruise is but I can let you know after the 29th how the cabin was for me.clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Trina

Hi Trina,

I have this cabin booked for my cruise in September. I know you sailed a while ago but would you mind sharing a brief description. I was lucky to get a balcony so I'm trying not to complain but I'm worried I won't be able to see much with the obstruction.

• 1 year later...

I have booked 3 cabins on the aft of Independence of the Seas (Like other Freedom ships) - I am having a hard time figuring out if that was a smart move.  I need 3 together and love being on the aft however I have never been on a ship with a deck in front of the balcony.  We have 6410, 6412 and 6712.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Do you get a good breeze?  Is there smoke or noise coming from below?  etc.

Thanks

We haven't been on deck 6, but we have been on deck 8. There wasn't any smoke or noise from below, but we were above cabins. I don't think you will have an issue with the blue deck that's off of your balcony. Just go with the mindset that it will be there and you won't be disappointed. We also usually had a decent breeze it just depends on the winds. That being said I would try to get a cabin higher up. It can also be a long walk to the elevators that bothers some people, but for us it's fine.

Edited by ReneeFLL