Water Shoes for Cave Tubing?

gilligan8

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I wore sandals with ankle straps. like these. https://www.walmart.com/ip/CAT-FOOTWEAR-PATHFINDER-MEN-S-SPORT-SANDALS/950643504

Tour guide said they where no problem and said as long as they have an ankle strap that you cant slip in or out of and a decent thicker or harder sole then usual flip flops have. No Foam soles, flip flops, slip ons, or ones with no strap across the back. Ours had open toes and wasnt an issue at all. Ours looked just like the ones I linked. We got ours from Walmart and wore them 95% of the time on the cruise ship. Only time I wore something different was elegant night with dress shoes. Yes I even wore those sandals with decent shorts to the MDR on normal dinner nights. No Problem.

I had a pair of flip flop sandals and was told they were no good. I don't know if it was a scam to get me to rent a pair of shoes from a local or not. Two or three fellows in the parking lot will rent clogs for $3 a pair. After hiking through the woods i would recommend a good shoe/ sandal the trail with the rocks can be difficult. Also pack a couple of zip lock bags for anything you need to keep dry. You didn't ask but the trip was fun and I am glad we did it.

You do have to walk quite a distance, maybe even carrying a raft, so comfortable water shoes are important. I had my own pair of Keen's and they were fine. Someone in our group rented some and she complained that they were very uncomfortable so it might be best to have your own.