Anyone fresh off Vision of the Seas?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off this ship. This was my 9th RCCL cruise and I was disappointed. The cruise did meet what we were seeking (relaxation and a short getaway) but was lacking on a few fronts. We also like the Schooner Bar but found this one dull. The main band, I forgot their name, was pretty good. The other area I felt very lacking was in activities. I heard several groups with children complaining there was nothing for the children to do on this cruise (maybe because it was so short?). We also felt activities were ho hum at best and not exactly clear what was planned. For instance, we like certain trivia games but all they would State was “Trivia” but not the theme—country,rock and roll, 50’s? (A couple of times it did state what it was but oftentimes did not.) All that ever seemed to be happening was teaching guests how to dance Michael Jackson’s Thriller routine leading up to a performance on the last night. Now this would have been fine but it took place in the main Centrum and blared loudly into other venues.

The ship though was nice. The crew was pleasant and in some cases excellent. Officers were friendly too.

Overall we were glad we went on this quick getaway. We are actually booked on another cruise on Vision in the future but are planning to cancel that one doe to the small ship with so little to do on it. (It’s a much longer trip.)

I hope this helps you. If you have questions, I can try to answer as best I can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just did a 5 nighter on Vision before Christmas. I would recommend the R Bar and Centrum on Deck 4. We enjoyed the ‘Magic Duo’ on our sailing. Live music with acoustic guitarist and violinist (5-string) playing pop/jazz tunes most days. They did play in Schooner too... We were in Schooner mainly for trivia. Nice that there wasn’t carry-over cigarette smoke in the bar like on Freedom Class. Did see a piano player in Schooner but they didn’t leave a big impression...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just did a 5 nighter on Vision before Christmas. I would recommend the R Bar and Centrum on Deck 4. We enjoyed the ‘Magic Duo’ on our sailing. Live music with acoustic guitarist and violinist (5-string) playing pop/jazz tunes most days. They did play in Schooner too... We were in Schooner mainly for trivia. Nice that there wasn’t carry-over cigarette smoke in the bar like on Freedom Class. Did see a piano player in Schooner but they didn’t leave a big impression...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The two guys in Magic Duo were wonderful! Their music reminded me of my favorite show. Outlander! :hearteyes: