Most Likely Will Get a Hull or "Privasea" Balcony on the Pearl. Thoughts?

danak13

So I just upgraded from an inside to a balcony guarantee. I was in the upgrade program but saw the price drop to only $100 more than my upgrade bid and my boyfriend has never sailed with a balcony so very excited!

Anyways, looking at my room category, I am pretty sure I will be assigned to one of the enclosed balconies. They actually look kind of unique and nice but I was wondering about those who have experienced them before. Likes/dislikes?

So I just upgraded from an inside to a balcony guarantee. I was in the upgrade program but saw the price drop to only $100 more than my upgrade bid and my boyfriend has never sailed with a balcony so very excited!

Anyways, looking at my room category, I am pretty sure I will be assigned to one of the enclosed balconies. They actually look kind of unique and nice but I was wondering about those who have experienced them before. Likes/dislikes?

We had one for the first time this past March on the Jade. It was the last available option in the balcony category that we wanted. I took it thinking we would try to upgrade later through the bidding process but that was not meant to be. I decided to just go with an open mind and not let it get to me.

I have to say…we were pleasantly surprised and actually loved our balcony! It was very private and shielded from the sun which we like. It was totally fine. We would not hesitate to book one again if we had to and if that's what was given to us as guarantee I would be totally fine with it. :)

Take a look at my video below. There are quite a few shots of us on the balcony and it should give you a good idea of what it will be like.

yOehkhCujxU

We had one for the first time this past March on the Jade. It was the last available option in the balcony category that we wanted. I took it thinking we would try to upgrade later through the bidding process but that was not meant to be. I decided to just go with an open mind and not let it get to me.

I have to say…we were pleasantly surprised and actually loved our balcony! It was very private and shielded from the sun which we like. It was totally fine. We would not hesitate to book one again if we had to and if that's what was given to us as guarantee I would be totally fine with it. :)

Take a look at my video below. There are quite a few shots of us on the balcony and it should give you a good idea of what it will be like.

yOehkhCujxU

Thank you for the reply-that looks lovely!

We were assigned an enclosed balcony on the Jade two years ago, and enjoyed it much more than we expected. There is more protection from sun and wind, and felt much more private. In fact, on our latest cruise on the Star, a Panama Canal cruise, we found we really missed the protection from the hot sun!

If you get one of these balcony rooms, enjoy yourself. You will be pretty far forward, but it is quiet, and you should be pretty close to the forward elevators. I would happily stay in one again.

yOehkhCujxU

We were assigned an enclosed balcony on the Jade two years ago, and enjoyed it much more than we expected. There is more protection from sun and wind, and felt much more private. In fact, on our latest cruise on the Star, a Panama Canal cruise, we found we really missed the protection from the hot sun!

If you get one of these balcony rooms, enjoy yourself. You will be pretty far forward, but it is quiet, and you should be pretty close to the forward elevators. I would happily stay in one again.

Thank you for the feedback! I have read a few reviews of people who enjoyed them so I am actually starting to look forward to potentially having one!