Anybody geo-cache when cruising?

kg4pit

hello!! My husband and I are geo-cachers and we love to cruise too!! Of course, we won’t be spending all of our port time geo-caching although I’d love to get at least one geocache at each port. I have what is known as a “travel bug” in memory of my mom. It’s a hummingbird key chain. She wanted to cruise just one more time, but sadly she wasn’t able to 😔. My goal is to take “mama’s hummingbird” to visit Cozumel. If I find a cache big enough and if it’s popular enough, I will leave her there for someone else to pick up to continue her travels. We are doing the Cozumel Bar Hop. From looking at our geocache app, there are caches at 3 of the 5 bars we are going too. (My sweet mama would probably come back to haunt me if I leave her at a bar!! 😂😂) Anybody else out there that loves to geocache? And cached in Cozumel?

Yes, I am hoping to grab a cache when I am in Cozumel as well. I've been there twice before, but never had the chance to geocache, so I'm hoping on my cruise next month I will be able to do so. We're on cache #299, so I was thinking it would be kind of cool to have #300 be in Mexico, but might have to do Key West instead. I also may bring a travel bug with me in the hopes it will get big mileage!

NGH, when are you cruising? We are up to 562. My husband just said we may be able to get our 600th in Cozumel.. hmmm, 25 days to get 37 caches before we leave! We have researched the caches in Cozumel... we are also doing the Cozumel Bar Hop.. there’s a few around the bars... of course I don’t plan on using all our port time geocaching 😂