Rome restaurant ideas for pre cruise roll call get together

Cali Viajera

Any particular part of Rome? Are you looking for a more casual restaurant? One with outdoor seating?

How many people are you talking about? Restaurants in the historic center tend to be on the smaller side so if you have a large group it might take a bit more work to find a place that can accommodate you.

Any particular part of Rome? Are you looking for a more casual restaurant? One with outdoor seating?

How many people are you talking about? Restaurants in the historic center tend to be on the smaller side so if you have a large group it might take a bit more work to find a place that can accommodate you.

I think casual would be best for about 15-20 people. The historic center would be great as a central meeting place. Open to any suggestions!:D

We used to do these kinds of gatherings frequently in the old Slowtrav days. I'm trying to remember the name of the place we met near Campo de' Fiori, I'll dig around and see if I can come up with it.

I can tell you that the gatherings tended to work out better when we did it at lunch rather than dinner. The restaurants were easier to get for a group and it represented a smaller commitment of time for everyone, kind of like a first date.

Lunch might also be good for those flying in just one day ahead of the cruise - they'll want to try and stay awake after the flight so having a gathering to head to might be just the thing to help keep them going.

I'm not positive but I think the place we met the last time was La Pollarola.

https://www.facebook.com/Ristorante-La-Pollarola-155784304444501/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d966618-Reviews-La_Pollarola-Rome_Lazio.html

Here is a suggestion:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d3803823-Reviews-Taverna_Vineria-Rome_Lazio.html?m=19904

Probably depends on how big your roll call group is...

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner there in May, 2016 for a special birthday dinner for 16. They have a fixed price celebration menu (Valentine’s day was the example on the website) that they offer for groups; it is also customizable. We added fish and a special bombe’ birthday cake.

Make reservations for the group but pay individually at the end of the meal.

We had a long table in the front as shown on their website photos. The atmosphere was actually nicer than the photo on the website. The lighting is not as bright. We had excellent service. Free flowing wine. ( probably added 15€ to the final couple price!) Won’t say it is the best meal you could have in Rome but do think you get a variety of flavors to please a varied crowd.

It is authentic Italian. Not touristy. Frequented by Locals. Very little English spoken at the restaurant but great email communication before hand in English.

Important to note: of our 16 folks, we had three groups from three different geographic areas, each connected by only one couple. So many folks met for the first time at this restaurant. Everyone had a great time! What’s not to like: Americans in Rome, celebrating pre-cruise!

Whatever you decide, have a great time and happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JenZ