Canapés available for purchase on board?

stardust

Free always has shrimp, salmon, prosciutto on cream cheese, (or maybe it's not cream cheese and is a salmon mousse) and I forget what else. Haven't seen or wanted them in years.
Yup, the “free” suite/elite canapés sound very much like the deluxe offering. There are no cheese mouse, bay shrimp, cooked ham, salami, or tuna mousse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yup, the “free” suite/elite canapés sound very much like the deluxe offering. There are no cheese mouse, bay shrimp, cooked ham, salami, or tuna mousse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Darn. They look so nice in the picture. Guess I’ll follow all the advice to get something at the buffet or IC.

Thanks!

and yes i meant dry as in sitting out, or in the refrigerator, too long.

Thanks, CG.

That hasn't been my experience. However, as I have posted many times here on Cruise Critic the Princess experience is pretty inconsistent. Different ships and, more likely, different personnel reflect different service level performances.

Thanks, CG.

That hasn't been my experience. However, as I have posted many times here on Cruise Critic the Princess experience is pretty inconsistent. Different ships and, more likely, different personnel reflect different service level performances.

Yes, service, personnel and performance levels can differ. But the yucky canapes stay the same. ;)

Yes, service, personnel and performance levels can differ. But the yucky canapes stay the same. ;)

hahahahaha!

Thanks, CG.

i'm glad you got good ones!

Again, I don't see why people insist they are "yucky." I have no disagreement cdngrl who felt they were stale. That is a valid criticism.

As I have indicated, I have had the Princess canapes multiple times. I will stipulate that they are not my favorite on-board food, but I don't think I've ever had one that was even stale.

Please explain what you mean by "yucky."

We are sailing on the Pacific princess and I saw they have canapés for pre-cruise purchase. Can these either be purchased while on board, or even better, would they be available for free on a buffet?

We just sailed on the British Isles cruise on the Royal, and at the “Premium Wine Tasting” wines were paired with offerings from the canapé selections, and, quite honestly, they were kind of nasty.

Please explain what you mean by "yucky."

I'm not the person that posted the original remark that prompted your reply but I agree and "yucky" to me means you put it in your mouth and chew once and then truly contemplate should I continue or spit it out. Yuck.

Been on Princess for years and they used to be about twice the size and really quite good. We would come back to the cabin to find a small plate or yummy treats. Now we decline them but they usually show up anyway when in a suite.

I'm not the person that posted the original remark that prompted your reply but I agree and "yucky" to me means you put it in your mouth and chew once and then truly contemplate should I continue or spit it out. Yuck.

Been on Princess for years and they used to be about twice the size and really quite good. We would come back to the cabin to find a small plate or yummy treats. Now we decline them but they usually show up anyway when in a suite.

Thank you, Graytech. I, certainly, understand your point of view.

Again, it hasn't happened to me, The whipped cream cheese tastes like whipped cream cheese, the salmon mousse tastes like salmon mousse, the shrimp tastes like shrimp, the roe tastes like roe.

Now, if they ever make one with pickled beets, I would definitely define that as "yucky."

:eek:

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the only cruses I have taken on Princess have sailed out of U.S. west coast ports?

Can you take some of the canapés from the Platinum/elite cocktail party to your room?

LOL. Most of the time you're lucky if you catch a waiter with one tray, never mind multiples. All depends on the demographics on board as to how busy those parties will be. You can have mine. ;) I don't bother attending those.