Potential fog delays today for Rhapsody in Venice

It was half a day OBC, so it depended on how much you spent (stateroom category). This was per stateroom, not per person. We got $132 I believe. I feel that this was a nice gesture for the late departure and the mess getting on the ship, but by no means made up for dropping a port and changing one. Our port fees and taxes were not adjusted either. Being a relative newbie to cruising (only been on 2), I don't know whether it is worth pursuing this any further with RC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No harm in trying for additional compensation.

We were on the opposite side of the cruise having being delayed 16 hours from getting out of port.

Missed flights, private transfers cancelled and housed overnight in a grotty hive.

Royal Caribbean gave no compensation or future OBC, even though private transfers, flights and cruise were book direct with them.

Hopefully RCCL have learned from their mistakes and will ensure more staff available the next time this happens.

Mind you, I'm sure this has happened before and yet they still messed it up.

No harm in trying for additional compensation.

We were on the opposite side of the cruise having being delayed 16 hours from getting out of port.

Missed flights, private transfers cancelled and housed overnight in a grotty hive.

Royal Caribbean gave no compensation or future OBC, even though private transfers, flights and cruise were book direct with them.

Hopefully RCCL have learned from their mistakes and will ensure more staff available the next time this happens.

Mind you, I'm sure this has happened before and yet they still messed it up.

We felt very badly for you folk who missed your flights, transfers, or even another nice stay in Venice itself. It sounds like you had a very rough end to your cruise, which is very unfortunate. I guess RC felt that their end of the deal was done--cruise was over. In our case, we were just starting, so I suspect they felt the need to satisfy us as we were short-changed a portion of our agreement.

There was lots and lots of staff at the terminal while we were waiting. They basically stood around doing very little. When we asked why they couldn't just "process" all the waiting people before the ship came in, we were told that all the computers were on the ship, so nothing could be done. They were all young adults, quite meek and mild in manner. Once the check-in began, they were quite ineffective in controlling the crowds that wanted on all at the same time. It was a zoo.

The cruise was over but the question that still remains, On our way to Athens, we could've have knocked off Corfu since its on our way, "Why did they changed it to a sea day?"

I have a few theories on that. One, the port of Corfu was full of other ships and couldn't accommodate Rhapsody at a different time and date. Two, distance that needed to be covered. Three, being a business they wanted us to spend money on the ship. I wonder why Mykonos could not have remained on the itinerary instead of Split. While Split's old town was quaint, we found the difference in currency a hassle and the shops very very expensive. I went in to one of those tie and scarf shops and scurried out quickly when I saw that a silk scarf was retailing for $400! I suspect there are those who can afford that, but I am not one of those. I would've prefered wandering around Mykonos I think.

We were on the October 14 sAiling. We finally boarded at about 10 pm after waiting 7 hours in the terminal. We never did set sail till Oct 15 at about noon. Both Mykonos and Corfu were cut from the itinerary but Split Croatia was added. As a side note, the sailing that we were waiting for didn’t get into port till about 5 pm when it was due in at 6 or 7 am thereby causing hundreds to miss flight connections. Also, while we were waiting to board, the decided to call everyone e to come and register. There had to be about 1000 people in a huge mosh pit. No queuing, no separate lines for the various statuses. Nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums