Cabo day use resort???

cruisinthemed

Does anyone know the name of the resort on carnival's excursion "Cabo exclusive resort getaway"? We are wanting to spend a day at the resort, without paying the excursion fare and having to go there at the specified times of the tours.

Or do you have a recommendation for another day resort, with a swim up bar & massage? prices would be helpful??? Thanks

Does anyone know the name of the resort on carnival's excursion "Cabo exclusive resort getaway"? We are wanting to spend a day at the resort, without paying the excursion fare and having to go there at the specified times of the tours.

Or do you have a recommendation for another day resort, with a swim up bar & massage? prices would be helpful??? Thanks

Hello, the last time we cruised to Cabo we spent half of the day at the ME. I am cruising there again next month on the 2 day Cabo and was invited to both the ME again as well as the Dreams resort. One perk as a travel agent as its free but both very nice resorts. ME has great Bali Beds by the pool :cool:

Hello, the last time we cruised to Cabo we spent half of the day at the ME. I am cruising there again next month on the 2 day Cabo and was invited to both the ME again as well as the Dreams resort. One perk as a travel agent as its free but both very nice resorts. ME has great Bali Beds by the pool :cool:

What is the ME? Do you know of swim up bars & massages? Prices?

We walked through the ME on our way to another spot and used their bathroom (long story) and that place was beautiful! Maybe we'll stay there next time:).

P.S.- I have pick of the resort if someone can tell me how to add them to body of my post. Adding them as attachments has been a pain.

I LOVE the ME...and they have the area roped off from vendors. We got a mammoth bucket of Corona (36) on Happy Hour, 2 for 1 tropical drinks. ...excellent loungers, shade area.

I dont think the CCL advertised excursion is the ME...I think its Tabascos or somewhere like that...with that you arent gonna get your nice pool, etc.

Does the ME allow day use by cruise passengers? Is there a fee? Thanks. Laurie

Yep..thats what we did. Grabbed a cab at the port and went right over. We werent charged a fee at all..we ordered beers and snacks all day...had the same guy serving us.

Can people do that at any resort? I've read that other people do the same thing. We are going in March and have two young kids. $95/pp seems a little steep for the excursion if we can do basically the same thing for free, plus drinks and food.

Can people do that at any resort? I've read that other people do the same thing. We are going in March and have two young kids. $95/pp seems a little steep for the excursion if we can do basically the same thing for free, plus drinks and food.

There are tons of beach clubs/bars along the stretch in Cabo...Ive never encountered one that charged to use their chairs, etc as long as we were paying customers.

Grab a cab and just go yourself..save the $95.

Yes you can hang out on Medano beach for free as long as you order a drink or food.....and drinks are pretty cheap.......it will be much cheaper then $95 p/p.....that is way too much IMO......we only paid $58 p/p to stay at Dreams in P.V.

Ive never encountered one that charged to use their chairs, etc as long as we were paying customers.

My husband, his friend, and I WERE charged for our chairs on Medano Beach. The regular chairs/lounges were free but ours had blue cushions, so they charged like $5 or $10 each for the day. I don't remember. And yes, we bought lots of drinks and food too.

My husband, his friend, and I WERE charged for our chairs on Medano Beach. The regular chairs/lounges were free but ours had blue cushions, so they charged like $5 or $10 each for the day. I don't remember. And yes, we bought lots of drinks and food too.

Must have been a slow week.......we have not been charged in the 11 years we have be going there by land or sea...I would have walked to the next bar......and so on...

It was. It was late November, early December, and there was only one other ship in port. It wasn't crowded at all. We had a great time, so the small charge was no biggie. This was at Billygan's Island. The Office, next door, was a little busier, but not as much fun.

I guess resorts don't mind as long we are spending money there? And they don't mind us using their pools and facilities?

I have found a couple resorts willing to offer $50 pp all inclusive day pass. I'd love to just show up at a resort and pay for the food but don't want to be kicked out. Is it really customary for cruisers to just use the facilities for the day and pay for the food/drinks?

I have found a couple resorts willing to offer $50 pp all inclusive day pass. I'd love to just show up at a resort and pay for the food but don't want to be kicked out. Is it really customary for cruisers to just use the facilities for the day and pay for the food/drinks?

Yep..in Cabo that is very typical. Most of them are not full blown "resorts" but mostly beach bars with food/drink, chairs, loungers and so forth on Medano Beach. The ME has a pool and sundeck.

Other places may be different. Example, in Nassau, there is a fee for most resorts even if you buy stuff but then they may credit back part of the fee as food/bev credit.

If they are all inclusive resorts you will have to pay for a day pass.......the all inclusives are further down the beach from Medano beach......and most are in Jose del Cabo......

$50 p/p is a good rate for all inclusive......Carnivals $95 p/p is outragous IMO...

If you want to go just for bite to eat I would go elsewhere....there are tons and tons of restaurants on the boardwalk and Medano Beach.........cheap too.

I know that Dreams in Cabo is $58 p/p for a day pass. A taxi to there is $25 each way though, but the bus goes there too for like $2.50 p/p. I got married at dreams in 2005 and my mom couldn't make it then so I'll be taking her there when we go there next month.

The Finesterra is right there by the pier and you can use their facilities for free... just order your drinks and food from the waiter at the pool bar...it's one of my favorite places and I will be there on day 2 of our Cabo cruise.

Another ME question - how far is it from the dock and what should we pay for cab fare to the ME. Thanks again! Laurie

Hi Laurie..Not really far, but not walking distance. We negotiated with the cab driver and for 6 of us in a van style cab it was $20.

I know that Dreams in Cabo is $58 p/p for a day pass. A taxi to there is $25 each way though, but the bus goes there too for like $2.50 p/p. I got married at dreams in 2005 and my mom couldn't make it then so I'll be taking her there when we go there next month.

The Finesterra is right there by the pier and you can use their facilities for free... just order your drinks and food from the waiter at the pool bar...it's one of my favorite places and I will be there on day 2 of our Cabo cruise.

Have you ever heard of "Villa Del Palmar"? Do you know which resort Carnival uses for their resort day?

Archived