Leaving Tampa

brendac

We just sailed on the Dawn out of Tampa a couple of weeks ago. Check in with Norwegian was fast and painless, but getting to board the ship took a long time because customs took so long processing the people getting off the ship (government's fault, not Norwegian.) We got there before 10 and ended up having to wait until after noon to board anyway because of this. Of course, by then the number of people waiting to board was very backed up! So if you are open to the idea of boarding later I think you will be able to board a lot more efficiently. I was told by the company we parked with that Tampa has a small port and not enough customs agents - and based on my experience I don't doubt it.

We just sailed on the Dawn out of Tampa a couple of weeks ago. Check in with Norwegian was fast and painless, but getting to board the ship took a long time because customs took so long processing the people getting off the ship (government's fault, not Norwegian.) We got there before 10 and ended up having to wait until after noon to board anyway because of this. Of course, by then the number of people waiting to board was very backed up! So if you are open to the idea of boarding later I think you will be able to board a lot more efficiently. I was told by the company we parked with that Tampa has a small port and not enough customs agents - and based on my experience I don't doubt it.

Who did you park with, and what was the cost? Conveniently located?