Cuban food and pizza?

SweFlo

Our first night in Havana we would like to have dinner on our own in a private restaurant. Our daughter is very picky and not very adventurous when it comes to food, so pizza is the best bet for her.

Do you have any recommendations for a restaurant within walking distance from the pier where there is decent seating and where they serve pizza as well as more authentic Cuban dishes? Or where they have pizza and something else that is nice?

Thanks! :):)

I have not been yet, but I got a recommendation for a place that is about a 20 min cab ride and the reviews say the pizza and cuban food if wonderful. It Ajiaco in Cojimar. I plan to go there on May Cruised, check out trip advisor for more reviews of this restaurant.

I have not been yet, but I got a recommendation for a place that is about a 20 min cab ride and the reviews say the pizza and cuban food if wonderful. It Ajiaco in Cojimar. I plan to go there on May Cruised, check out trip advisor for more reviews of this restaurant.
We are looking for a place close to the terminal, so it would have to be walking distance. And preferably with pizza and Cuban food. There are a lot of pizza places, some highly rated, but it's unclear if they also have other food. I was hoping someone who has been there can give us some tips.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Havana 1.5 years ago and don't remember anything resembling pizza like we know it. Can your daughter eat some on the ship and then just have a drink while you eat? Maybe she could order a dessert or something like that. You didn't mention how old she is.