Viking Ship Transfer

Travelswithmycamera

Has anyone had the experience of transferring from a pre-cruise Viking hotel to the ship on day of embarkation? My documents list that we have the transfers but no time and no method. Staying at Hilton Molino Stucky and curious to know if I have time to do some early morning photography and make it back to hotel before pickup. No answer from Viking on email or calling to inquire. Turning to you fine people!!

You will probably have time for your early morning photos. An exact transfer time will be given to you at the hotel but I suspect that you will hear from Viking prior to that.

We had the same issue when we were doing a river tour with Viking from Amsterdam. We ended up having Viking transfer the luggage and we made our own way to the ship in the early afternoon. Worked for us and gave us a full morning to see more of Amsterdam.

Has anyone had the experience of transferring from a pre-cruise Viking hotel to the ship on day of embarkation? My documents list that we have the transfers but no time and no method. Staying at Hilton Molino Stucky and curious to know if I have time to do some early morning photography and make it back to hotel before pickup. No answer from Viking on email or calling to inquire. Turning to you fine people!!

I would expect they are not going to get you to the ship before 10 am. They have to clear all the disembarking passengers first and check-in might not even open until that time. I can also understand why Viking home office has trouble getting the information; local arrangements are done by a third party contractor.

If the map is any hint, you will be going by water taxi. There is no bridge to the Guidecca and you will have to go by ferry or water taxi to get anywhere off the Guidecca. Google maps satellite and streetview are very helpful in seeing the lay of the land. Your hotel has a roof top pool and a boat landing. The nearest ferry station is Guidecca Palanca.

In 2016 we did the same pre-cruise in Venice as you are doing. The transfer was via boat with the luggage transported separately. My failing memory thinks the transfer was around 10:00-10:30.

At the ship there was a short, maybe 100 yds, walk to the cruise terminal. Easy checkin, security scan and boarding. The luggage is brought to your cabin separately.

Depending on your cabin type, it may be available. Once aboard you are free to leave the ship and explore Venice.