Just off the Disney Dream - 4 adults doing Disney

alaska_planner

our navigators had 1820 activities all through the cruise....they sounded interesting enough that i was sorry i wasn't 18-20 :)

but even if there aren't any 18-20 activities, if your daughter enjoys hanging out with you, there were lots of games/quizzes etc for both adults only as well as for families...

my daughter and son in law did all those activities together with us and we all had fun...

but again, we very much enjoy trivia/quiz/quest games.....so for us there were games at many times through the day and night...

again, i suggest you take a look at prior navigators at the website below:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

our navigators had 1820 activities all through the cruise....they sounded interesting enough that i was sorry i wasn't 18-20 :)

but even if there aren't any 18-20 activities, if your daughter enjoys hanging out with you, there were lots of games/quizzes etc for both adults only as well as for families...

my daughter and son in law did all those activities together with us and we all had fun...

but again, we very much enjoy trivia/quiz/quest games.....so for us there were games at many times through the day and night...

again, i suggest you take a look at prior navigators at the website below:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

We had a cruise where daughter was the only one who showed up for the group on two consecutive nights. The CM knew how many possible participants were on the ship and did schedule one luncheon, but with no one else showing up, the "group" was obviously a dud. On other cruises there have been anywhere from 4-10+ participants and the young adults had a great time. It just really depends on who shows up. How much effort the CM puts in depends on interest and participation. She said she'd schedule as much or as little as they wished.

We had a cruise where daughter was the only one who showed up for the group on two consecutive nights. The CM knew how many possible participants were on the ship and did schedule one luncheon' date=' but with no one else showing up, the "group" was obviously a dud. On other cruises there have been anywhere from 4-10+ participants and the young adults had a great time. It just really depends on who shows up. How much effort the CM puts in depends on interest and participation. She said she'd schedule as much or as little as they wished.[/quote']

that happened to my daughter when she was younger....

she was 20....our son was 17 and busy day and night in the teen club (and very happily so), but the 18-20 age group was a total dud...

she showed up twice and no one was there..

we saw there were other kids her age on board....it's pretty easy to spot them, but they were all in family groups (together with siblings/cousins), so i guess not interested in organized activities..

so my daughter hung out with us....it was fine.....although back then they didn't really have much in the way of games for adults..

this time around, they had a dedicated entertainment staff member for adult activities, so there was lots going on throughout the day for adults...a big improvement over our cruises years ago..

Another huge variable in the 18-20 group happened when it was no longer the "College Club." And yes, I understand the legal reasons for not allowing an 18 year old in the teen programming.

A lot can depend on the young adults who show up. There is a huge difference in maturity level between someone who is an 18 year old high school senior and an 18 year old who has been away from home at college for months or a year. It is a tough age group; sometimes the group "clicks" and sometimes it doesn't. All you can do is to try it. But I really would encourage all young adults in the age group to attend the first night--nothing will happen if there isn't participation.

• 2 months later...