Purchasing OBC (in Canadian funds)on website problems

travelzooer

Our booking was paid for in Canadian dollars and when I try and purchase OBC through the cruise personalizer it is also listed in Canadian funds. $125 CAD for $100 USD OBC.

I tried both with a Credit card and PayPal and an error message appears saying declined check ccard #.

When I called princess they said I could only purchase OBC in US funds over the phone.

Help??suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our booking was paid for in Canadian dollars and when I try and purchase OBC through the cruise personalizer it is also listed in Canadian funds. $125 CAD for $100 USD OBC.

I tried both with a Credit card and PayPal and an error message appears saying declined check ccard #.

When I called princess they said I could only purchase OBC in US funds over the phone.

Help??suggestions??

I've done this many times.

What Princess is saying is technically true, i.e. the on-board credit (OBC) on the ship is in USD.

When talking to Princess, tell them you would like to purchase x amount of USD OBC, paid in Cdn $ (at the exchange rate your cruise is booked at).

Be sure to re-confirm you will be charged in Cdn$ to your credit card.

Thanks for your help..I called in and was able to purchase in OBC in CAD!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check your online statement to make sure. I had called a few months ago to buy OBC as a gift for my Mom. I told them, on the phone, that I wanted to purchase is $260 USD, on my US dollar card. She said no problem. On my statement was a purchase of the $212 US (converted from $260 CDN) because I had paid for my cruise in CDN. And, of course, I had to pay the conversion fee. :o