Vista July 14 cruise review.

Carol Jones

The ropes course and sky ride were both very busy today. The sky ride lines were not so busy on the first days, when I told DS to do them. When we got in line the wait sign said “45 minutes” and that seemed accurate. My guys really enjoyed the ride. If you’re going to do this go early in the cruise. 48af56d978e7f88631c45165df0b9aed.jpg

IMG_0791.thumb.JPG.4a5d3484c9abadb0a9fd046eb1dd4635.JPG

IMG_0792.thumb.JPG.ebcb3c36c7e55e58f80fb5284bfa1c34.JPG

Here’s the ropes course

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_0789.thumb.JPG.cd1d8647dc5c16418637f7550d9d09be.JPG

IMG_0781.thumb.JPG.e71d468cab6d54bccb4ed7f8818be0ba.JPG

For lunch today they wanted to eat at the Bonsai sushi place. DH had been thinking about it all week. I know it’s extra $ but if you like sushi I think it would be well worth it. Can’t remember if I posted menu before or not. Anyway...4f2d32364c234be5d4abe33260e7da4d.jpg

They ordered: IMG_0797.thumb.JPG.59b5964b81a821cdf506c4a4f198b1b9.JPG tempura roll and California roll

IMG_0798.thumb.JPG.e68a167c4f0126849a6432c346e6037c.JPG

wagyu kakuni

7e03f879a6a72284b903013946566b82.jpg

Teriyaki Steak

6259eba2dd5f2febd0523e82cbff0f4b.jpg

And beef skewer.

They loved everything. I tried all the beef/steak items and loved them too!

Every place seemed crowded for lunch (Bonsai, Mongolian Wok and Lido too) I made a discovery for my lunch that might be helpful to a Vista cruiser that would like to have the buffet lunch but not contend with the crowd. On deck 5 (aft) in the Ocean Plaza (were they do the karaoke) across from the stage and in the back left corner there is a buffet lunch line set up. No line at all!

My son and I went to check out the library and maybe play a board game while my husband went to the spa. Don’t laugh too hard...more on that in a bit. Anyway, the Vista has a very nice library and there is even a wine dispensing ($) machine.

My DH went to the spa for the complementary foot analysis. His back and knees hurt all the time and the write up on the foot analysis said foot issues could cause this. Well, he has very flat feet and they gave him these shoe inserts “edura step by Good Feet” to try out for a day. If he decides to keep them it’ll be $200. I’ll let you know.

IMG_0801.thumb.JPG.19697b52f4038f0666d02b7215025a4c.JPG

IMG_0802.thumb.JPG.d56ddf057add58e199ff5d434f0c8bcb.JPG

We went to the liquid lounge for the afternoon bingo. I just love bingo!!! We bought the cards but not the bingo dabbers. We keep a ziploc bag of dabbers in our suitcase. I told you I like bingo! If you are going to play, get there early so you can get one of the few tables or at least a clipboard. They ran out of clipboards. If you don’t get there early you could end up like this....

IMG_0803.thumb.JPG.2327a400faa644df1a63a442fb28d7ce.JPG

Those little circle things aren’t on the arms of every chair, so you could even end up like this, using your lap..

9b702f10b6a82c1093f67759528e5de1.jpg

Tonight was the 2nd formal night. The crew members danced and sang “Uptown Funk”. Most of the the songs they do I’ve seen a few times... I still enjoy them... but, this was new for me. I really like Bruno Mars so of course I enjoyed this.

Tonight’s menu-

58cbde451d6723a2537d8b9fc432bdba.jpg

01d25f736486e8413c799cd5d8cb11a9.jpg

Our dinner- appetizers- mushrooms, salad and shrimp. The shrimp was on the entree menu but my son ordered it as his appetizer. My DH also got crab cakes. e76ebc8df0af745a1071c572e0118744.jpg

aef3409684c1cd2a1a57a09bb7fc073d.jpg

394feba4c9629a965e85509d8f3aa4a8.jpg

77b9dae6c497bc10026f58ed7fb5465c.jpg

I know some pics are posting twice. I’m not sure why that is happening some time and I cannot seem to correct this. My apologies! Doing this review on my phone is challenging. I also apologize for any and all spelling and grammar mistakes.

Very cool reveiw.

Is it bcuz you are "Platinum" I think you said, that you get access to the Havana area after 7?

You are creating wonderful moments for the rest of us, by sharing - thank you!

Thanks!! No, it’s not just for platinums. Anyone can go to the Havana section after 7 PM and I highly recommend it.

We went to our cabin and changed out of our formal clothes. I put on the shirt I bought at the fun shop earlier in the cruise. Here’s for you, Helene109.

IMG_0837.thumb.JPG.67715e4fd6eb562f37296f56719accff.JPG

We went to the show “America Rocks” in the Liquid Lounge”. They had a preshow that started about 30 minutes early and by the look of the crowd with the best seats, they apparently gave out headbands with American flags on them and glow sticks. If you have younger children and you’re going to the show, I’d get there in time for this. CD Adam has very high energy and really got everyone very excited about the show.It really was a great show. Carnival has definitely improved in this area. After seeing the show I am starting to maybe understand what they were thinking when they designed the liquid lounge with chairs that could be moved. For this show there were four smaller stages set up off the stage, so obviously several chairs had to be moved out. I hope you can see this in the photo below. The guitarist, who by the way was awesome is standing on one of the smaller stages.

IMG_0822.thumb.JPG.44ec6ce011b603f1f60ba721bdbd1867.JPG

The last thing we did for the evening was go to the comedy show. Tonight we saw Al Romero. He’s pretty funny! We’ve seen him on another Carnival ship. The other new comedian is Sheila Kay. We’ve also seen her on another ship and she did the same comedy show they have listed for her on this ship so I don’t think we will go see her.

We went and got a pizza to take back to the room to eat. I’m a messy eater and I needed a napkin to take with me, but I don’t really like those polyester blend cloth napkins that they have. They really don’t seem to absorb anything and the pizza is greasy. Earlier in the cruise I found a great solution for this. In quite a few places in the Lido marketplace (buffet area) they have these really cool machines that you put your hands into and the machine washes them. Above the machine there is a dispenser that has cloth napkins. I took a stack back to the room. I had a stack earlier in the cruise but I’ve used them all. I will definitely do this on any cruise that has the hand washing machines with paper napkins.

No questions. But thank you for such an awesome review! We are going in a few weeks on the same ship/trip. My daughter (11) loves bingo ever since she won a jackpot on her first cruise 2 years ago. Was fun to see a theater full of people booing a nine year old when the emcee announced “we have a stander” before she got her last number in blackout.

No questions. But thank you for such an awesome review! We are going in a few weeks on the same ship/trip. My daughter (11) loves bingo ever since she won a jackpot on her first cruise 2 years ago. Was fun to see a theater full of people booing a nine year old when the emcee announced “we have a stander” before she got her last number in blackout.

Lucky girl! That’s awesome! The fun squad really does make bingo fun. The fun squad member doing this bingo is a hoot. His name is James and if I remember correctly he’s from Alabama. He was on our last cruise too- Fantasy 2017 Christmas Cruise.

Today we went to the sea day brunch in the Horizon dining room. It’s a great breakfast. You can get a good breakfast on the Lido deck too but I enjoy this one more. If you have the time for it I’d recommend it. Of course if you’re on a tight time budget definitely do lido buffet breakfast. We had the tomato soup. I always look forward to that coming on a cruise. Really good!! We also had the steak and eggs, the bagels with salmon and the pancakes.

IMG_0853.thumb.JPG.18f7639c693902306094895dc95937b1.JPG

IMG_0852.thumb.JPG.9a08f6170e8f1be672b0dbf2f4ee4f06.JPG

IMG_0854.thumb.JPG.37fedd1cbe5655e36cdf8e91edc545f5.JPG

IMG_0855.thumb.JPG.c2a8e8858a05be38c77e9af4cc8b2a9a.JPG

IMG_0342.thumb.JPG.33c953eca19de604ec0ac4cc462ed056.JPG

IMG_0343.thumb.JPG.58a887b0dd321d9f9ee9eec607caa847.JPG

While we were eating breakfast we heard a lady at the table with us talking about the birthday gift carnival gave her. A card to get a certain dollar off on spa services. For the past many cruises it seems like someone we’re cruising with has a birthday or anniversary and got this. When you do your online check-in they ask you if you’re celebrating anything on your cruise. I was kind of waiting on getting this to do a spa service but when I didn’t get it I figured they weren’t giving those out for this cruise and Just had a massage on la ramano. Back to this in a bit..

Thanks for your review and the pics. Always good to see the latest pics of what ships look like. That skyride looks scarier than anything in the "Dare to be scared" theater LOL. Looks like you had beautiful port days in Grand Turk and Aruba. Enjoying your review.

Thank you and yes, the Sky Ride looked scary.