Mariner Promenade Inward Facing Cabins Noisy?

Hi

We are considering a 7 night Mexico cruise on the Mariner Of The Seas. I have seen that the Promenade Cabins which face inwards and have a window in the cabin that overlooks the atrium are not much more than an inside cabin with no window at all. We like the idea of being able to get some natural light into the cabin during the day but are these cabins noisy due to the activities going on at the bottom of the atrium (i.e shoppers and music playing?)? I have always been on a lower inside deck and of course there is no crowd or music noise down there , only the engine hum. Would love some guidance.

Benno

I can´t help you with your noise question first hand, as I never stayed in one of those cabins. So all I can say is that from reports on the boards noise seems not to be a real problem.

However my reason for posting on your thread is your "natural light" comment. The Promenade is completely enclosed and indoor. There is no natural light at all. You will get light in your cabin from the promenade, but it´s not natural light.

Thanks so much for the photo!! We are booked into a pr. cabin on the Mariner, and loved the way it looked. Inside - for less motion (motion sickness is a big issue with our group) and I thought the pr window would make it feel a little less claustrophobic. Did you feel much motion?

In my opinion the promenade cabins are so much better than a regular inside cabin. We were on the Mariner, promenade deck 8 and absolutely loved it. It didn't give me that closed in feeling I get without a window. As for the noise....it was very quiet. We watched the parade from our window and did hear that, but nothing else other than people walking past our door in the hallway.

Thanks so much for the photo!! We are booked into a pr. cabin on the Mariner, and loved the way it looked. Inside - for less motion (motion sickness is a big issue with our group) and I thought the pr window would make it feel a little less claustrophobic. Did you feel much motion?

No motion whatsoever. It really was a "fun" cabin.:D

DH and I are also cruisers who will always select a PR over a regular inside. We cruise mostly in Jan or Feb and the cost difference between the 2 on the times we wanted a cheaper cabin were only like $40 or 50 difference. It was a no brainer for us. :)

Now I saw another thread recently where it was supposedly $300 difference. That I might have to give some thought if the goal was to keep my cabin price as low as I could..... :D

How much motion you feel will depend on the seas...if seas are running high, you're going to feel it everywhere...the ship is simply "floating" on top of whatever the ocean is doing! The promenades are not noisy--the windows don't open and they're double-paned.

Archived