Where Does NCL Star Dock While in Tampa?

MikeyB

Hello

My question says it all. I'm looking at a Google map and I see the Channelside Drive cruise port. Is that it?

Thanks

That's where all of the other lines dock. There are a few berths there. If you are on channelside drive, the parking is on one side of the street, and the peirs are on the other side. There are some shops & restaurants nearby as well. Very well marked.

The Star arrives in Tampa on Oct 16 after spending 22 days traveling from Vancouver and LA through the Panama canal. It will be doing it`s last season of Alaska ports from Seattle before making Tampa it`s new winter home.

I know as I am on those sailings.

Cheers

Dennis

The Star arrives in Tampa on Oct 16 after spending 22 days traveling from Vancouver and LA through the Panama canal. It will be doing it`s last season of Alaska ports from Seattle before making Tampa it`s new winter home.

I know as I am on those sailings.

Cheers

Dennis

LOL-it's hard to keep up with which ship is gonna be where...but I think 'temporary' winter home is a better fit. The Dawn will be coming to Tampa the following winter (Star moving to NOLA I think---but haven't checked lately)

LOL-it's hard to keep up with which ship is gonna be where...but I think 'temporary' winter home is a better fit. The Dawn will be coming to Tampa the following winter (Star moving to NOLA I think---but haven't checked lately)

You're correct Monte. The Spirit will be going back either to Asia, back in the Star Cruises fleet, or into the European market. All this juggling will coincide with on of the new builds starting soon at Meyer Werft.

PE

You're correct Monte. The Spirit will be going back either to Asia' date=' back in the Star Cruises fleet, or into the European market. All this juggling will coincide with on of the new builds starting soon at Meyer Werft.[/color']

PE

Yep, there are a few holes in the schedules around when the first of the new builds comes on line (of course I'm not even sure of the scheduled date--so my opinion counts for squat). I'm anxious to see how it'll all work itself out...and then a year or so later again when the next one comes out

Star is moving to NYC April 27 of 2012. We're booked on the 2 night CTN when she gets here.

Star is moving to NYC April 27 of 2012. We're booked on the 2 night CTN when she gets here.

Not staying long though...I think she relocates in Oct to NOLA for at least that one winter

After that NY might have to make due with the Pearl & Gem for a while :)

The wife and I, as well as a large bunch of CC'ers, are on the 12 day from Tampa to NYC via the Southern Caribbean, just prior to your sailing!! :p

That`s the plan - NY to NOLA in Oct 2012 - there is already as large group of CCers with a roll call well underway.
Wonder if I could add this sailing as well, and make it a RT, except going back to NOLA!! :rolleyes::D What is the itinerary??? :cool:

The Star will be sailing from Terminal 3 in the Channelside district. This is the terminal building that is just north of the Florida Aquarium. Currently, the RCCL Jewel of the Seas and HAL's Ryndam (just left) sail out of it. The Rynadam will move to Terminal 6 (furthest north) which is currently being refurbished. Carnival's ships will continue to sail out of Terminal 2.

We live in Channelside and it will be an awesome sight to have 3 ships at once on Sundays in November!

The Star will be sailing from Terminal 3 in the Channelside district. This is the terminal building that is just north of the Florida Aquarium. Currently, the RCCL Jewel of the Seas and HAL's Ryndam (just left) sail out of it. The Rynadam will move to Terminal 6 (furthest north) which is currently being refurbished. Carnival's ships will continue to sail out of Terminal 2.

We live in Channelside and it will be an awesome sight to have 3 ships at once on Sundays in November!

an you recommend a nice hotel to stay in the night before our cruise? We are doing to Tampa to NY repo and are very excited!! Thanks for any info:)

Archived