Moderno and Tequila on the gem?

andychris

Hi we are sailing on the gem in august and in the brochure I see that a new restaurant is opening in 2011(moderno). Does anyone know when this will be opened? I also see that tequila is opened for (complimentary)dinner at the tapas bar. What is that? What foods are included. I sailed on the dawn and loved salsa. There was a charge for it and well worth it. I see that the mexican restaurant is also called tequila with a charge also. Just curious about the "free" or I should say complimentary dinner at tequila.

Thanks

Hi we are sailing on the gem in august and in the brochure I see that a new restaurant is opening in 2011(moderno). Does anyone know when this will be opened? I also see that tequila is opened for (complimentary)dinner at the tapas bar. What is that? What foods are included. I sailed on the dawn and loved salsa. There was a charge for it and well worth it. I see that the mexican restaurant is also called tequila with a charge also. Just curious about the "free" or I should say complimentary dinner at tequila.

Thanks

If you go to the bar area you can get free tapas. It's not really a meal- more like an appetizer. They give you chips and salsa, and then they have a few things in the bar display case you can choose from to order.

Thanks

Hi andychris,

We cruise on the Gem in July and had the same question concerning Moderno's opening... spoke to our PCC yesterday and received the following response:

"I’ve been told that they are adding the Churrascaria dining venues {i.e. Moderno} when the ships are in dry dock. I do not see any scheduled dry dock time for the Gem, so I doubt it will be there in time for your July cruise."

That being said... am not sure when Moderno will open on the Gem, especially since there is no scheduled dry dock as of yet :([/color][/font][/color]

Have a great cruise!

JJ :D

Archived