Breakaway-when can I drop off my luggage?

psyfi

We would like to drop off our luggage at the pier about 8:30-9 in the morning, then go do a circle line cruise around Manhattan from 10-1 before boarding. Since the circle line is really close to pier 88 I don't want to go back to the hotel to get the luggage. It would be easiest to drop it off early if that is possible.

• 2 months later...
due to security reasons, i do not think that is possible.. leaving luggage unattended.

I don't think he's talking about leaving luggage unattended. I believe he wants to check it with the porter (just like you would do if you were going through the regular boarding process at the same time).

A couple years ago, my wife and I got to the dock around 8:30 am we parked our car, left the luggage in, and then went downstairs and grab a cab to meet friends for breakfast in the city. We came back around noon grabed our luggage an brought it downstairs, goton the boat and had a great cruise, saved paying twice for parking

I have arrived at the Pier 88 approximately 5 times early (8:30 am) and there was someone there to take our luggage. Now mind you were were almost always one of the first people there so it is very early...but they have taken our luggage with little issue that early.

due to security reasons, i do not think that is possible.. leaving luggage unattended.

Everyone leaves their luggage. Confused??

That's seems a bit early. They will be in the midst of disembarking passengers if everything is on time. I think it will be a lot better chance around 10. If they are not ready, be prepared to hang out for a while. Good luck.

If the folks checking in the luggage are the same that offload it from the ship, they are done with that way earlier since most folks pick up their bag by 9am. So, it makes sense they (longshoreman) are ready to take bags in the 8-9am timeframe.

Checking in of course is not ready, but the OP is not concerned with that.

We just got off the Breakaway today. We arrived about 8:45 last Sunday and the porters took our luggage right away. We then had to stand in line for about an hour before we even started to check in. I think you should be able to leave your tagged luggage with a porter and then come back later to check in.

Archived