Century Cabin Question

Gonzo70

Room #1242 (a Sunset Veranda room) seems to have an unusual shape (it appears to be a sideways aft/corner room). The balcony in particular seems to be an odd shape based on the floor plan on the Celebrity web site. Does anybody here know anything about this room? If so I would appreciate feedback on it as I am considering upgrading my current room for a TA cruise.

Thanks

Hi, Gonzo -

I haven't been in the cabin, but one thing you might want to consider is that balcony overlooks the Sunset Bar. So every time you step out on your balcony, you'll be on display to about 40 or so of your new best friends sitting at tables just below you. I know people have posted pics of this very balcony, so if you do a search, you'll see that I mean.

(We all like attention, but that would be a bit much for my taste. LOL!! :eek: )

-Kevin :D

Actually, I found the pic of this balcony (hope this works): http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2615452090054958397bPGJid

• 3 years later...
Did you end up staying in cabin 1249? If so, how was it? I realize that it was quite a while ago since this thread was created. Thanks for any info you're able to give!

Hello,

Wow, that was from a long time ago! I wound up booking a different category room on that cruise, so I do not have any first hand knowledge of 1249.

Room #1242 (a Sunset Veranda room) seems to have an unusual shape (it appears to be a sideways aft/corner room). The balcony in particular seems to be an odd shape based on the floor plan on the Celebrity web site. Does anybody here know anything about this room? If so I would appreciate feedback on it as I am considering upgrading my current room for a TA cruise.

Thanks

We have room 1242 booked the Panama Canal cruise. I had seen other pictures from the deck and as these show, there is a white canopy underneath, but due to 1242 beign a corner it doesn't obstruct the entire view.

We know there will be some drawbacks but being aware of them ahead of time helps.

My concern is the noise coming from the Sunset Bar below. Does anyone know how lound it is and if it is a distraction or does it quiet down late in the evening?

We have room 1242 booked the Panama Canal cruise. I had seen other pictures from the deck and as these show, there is a white canopy underneath, but due to 1242 beign a corner it doesn't obstruct the entire view.

We know there will be some drawbacks but being aware of them ahead of time helps.

My concern is the noise coming from the Sunset Bar below. Does anyone know how lound it is and if it is a distraction or does it quiet down late in the evening?

The way that balcony is laid out, you will hear every conversation below you. Some evenings there is a guitarist playing which makes it nice.

The main drawback is that you have NO PRIVACY at all on your balcony. It is totally open for everyone on the deck below to view.

1249SV.jpg

The way that balcony is laid out, you will hear every conversation below you. Some evenings there is a guitarist playing which makes it nice.

The main drawback is that you have NO PRIVACY at all on your balcony. It is totally open for everyone on the deck below to view.

1249SV.jpg

The Guatarist I can handle but I guess I need to make sure I am aware everyone can see us. Means I have to be on my best behavior. LOL

Thanks for the picture. Really puts things in perspective.

Archived